CPU
gay
Graphics
gay
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I have a running EL Capitan 10.11.5 but have an occasional issue with graphic lines appearing. After finding a possible solution I backed up and replaced the kexts with the modified ones and now my OSX wont boot. So I go to replace the modified kexts with the original ones and realized I accidentally deleted them. I'm digging through the EL Capitan installer for them but cant find them.
Can someone tell me where they are in the installer or post a link for the kexts(vanilla) I need to fix my machine?
The kexts I need are AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext & AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext
...Thanks in advance!

So I have a running EL Capitan 10.11.5 but have an occasional issue with graphic lines appearing. After finding a possible solution I backed up and replaced the kexts with the modified ones and now my OSX wont boot. So I go to replace the modified kexts with the original ones and realized I accidentally deleted them. I'm digging through the EL Capitan installer for them but cant find them.
Can someone tell me where they are in the installer or post a link for the kexts(vanilla) I need to fix my machine?
The kexts I need are AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext & AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext
...Thanks in advance!

Just run the OS X installer (without erasing the target partition) to refresh all kexts.

Just run the OS X installer (without erasing the target partition) to refresh all kexts.
Thanks, RehabMan, this did the trick. Although it did suck reinstalling gigs of data to restore a few kbs of kext. I will have to be more careful next time.

...Thanks in advance!

Run the OS X installer (no need to erase the partition) to restore all kexts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back