Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus
CPU
I7
Graphics
Intel on-board 630
Hi everyone, climbing the walls here.... help ?
Problem: installing High Sierra, once I'm done with MultiBeast, no matter WHAT I choose, my mac will kernel-panic (and reboot) after about 1 minute of displaying the login screen - I don't even login to it.
single user mode = kernel panic
single user mode and "don't load kextst" in clover = kenel panic.

all that said, there was ONE time I got it stable enough:
-os-x update as soon as os install ended
-using NVidia web drivers
so I believe my hardware is OK

I'm not sure where to start. attaching the last system.log, maybe that would help?

hardware:
i7-2600k (sandy bridge) on GA-P67A-UD4-B3, Nvidia GT1050TI
I disabled in BIOS USB3, Audio (but left network enabled) and Serial port - and everything else I could think of.

thanks for any help!

Attachments

• system.txt
    91.8 KB · Views: 1,144
Last edited:
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Post a screenshot of the choices you are making with Multibeast.

...I don't see my sig updated with "build signature"... hope I didn't miss something editing my profile. at any rate, see the attached for my MultiBeast config - and thanks!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 20.28.19.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 20.28.19.png
    57.4 KB · Views: 123
Try using iMac 13,2 instead of MBP 8,1 for your system definition. Your hardware has nothing in common with a MacBook Pro.

sorry, that didn't work. same behavior - around 30 sec or 1 min after booting is completed, the system has a Kernel Panic.

not sure I got it exactly right:
I can't use any GUI as they system hangs.
I booted into recovery, and edited:
diskutil mount disk1s1 (this is the EFI partition on my HD I believe)
located the config.plist file and indeed it was configured with the SMBIOS type as you noticed above (macbookpro8 or whatever it was) so I guess I'm editing the correct file?
edited that, booted, checked and yet it now showed as an imac in the apple menu thing.

interesting: while enabling Kext debug log, I noticed just before the hang, the system was unloading some USB ketxt I believe, due to inactivity. sorry I'm not sure where to find this log on disk, can you point me to it please? anything else?
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back