1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
MB: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU: i7-3770K Ivy Bridge
RAM: 16GB

I initially had success installing ML 10.8.4.

But after installing Quicken and Kaspersky security software, the next time I booted up, I got a Kernel Panic message. After trying some different things, I suspect the Kaspersky software because of the following in verbose mode boot:

2013-08-14 21.31.35.jpg

After trying a bunch of things including using safe mode and failing to boot, I decided to try to re-install using Unibeast USB flash drive. However, system does not recognize USB flash drive. I've tried recreating the USB drive, rBoot, BIOS reset, disconnecting primary drive, and disabling different options in BIOS. System does not see Unibeast flash drive.

Any ideas how to best re-install ML or deleting the Kaspersky software from chimera?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 2013-08-14 21.31.35.jpg
    2013-08-14 21.31.35.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 150
boot in safemode -x may need unibeast thumb drive use dpcimanager repair perms and rebuild caches then reboot with no flags if that doesnt fix it then remove Kaspersky.nke from system/library/extensions and rebuild cache

Safe mode boot still results in kernel panic. Unibeast thumb drive isn't recognized.

Can I reach extensions folder while booting? I'm sort of a newbie.

if u have another mac put the hdd in that and remove the offensive kext or use mac drive for windows

Thanks for all the help. Eventually I was able to boot into the system in safe mode. I just had to wait longer. From there, I ran the disk utility to repair permissions. I also tried booting -f but that caused a kernel panic. Things are basically running. No kernel panic, no need to re-install. The only issue except sometimes the system reboots when I try to shut down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back