Contribute
Register

Kernel Panic - Unable to remove nvda_drv=1 boot arg (Clover)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87N-WIFI
CPU
Intel Core i5-4670K
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 750ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm getting the following kernel panic after having updated to 10.10.3 and the nvidia web drivers which support that OS version.

My guess is it's tied to the fact I have both nvda_drv=0 and nvda_drv=1 boot arguments but this is b/c I can't remove nvda_drv=1 using Clover. I've tried deleting the boot argument but it loads itself up each time automatically. I've also tried tossing in nv_disable=1 but that was unsuccessful.

I'm currently unable to boot using my 750ti or my integrated gfx, neither in regular, safe, or single user mode.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting the following kernel panic after having updated to 10.10.3 and the nvidia web drivers which support that OS version.

My guess is it's tied to the fact I have both nvda_drv=0 and nvda_drv=1 boot arguments but this is b/c I can't remove nvda_drv=1 using Clover. I've tried deleting the boot argument but it loads itself up each time automatically. I've also tried tossing in nv_disable=1 but that was unsuccessful.

I'm currently unable to boot using my 750ti or my integrated gfx, neither in regular, safe, or single user mode.

Any help would be appreciated.

You can edit the boot arguments at the Clover boot menu. Does it show up there?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, this is where I'm editing the boot args. I'm going into Options and either editing the nvda_drv boot arg to =0 or removing it completely. Once I return to the Clover home screen, I hit the spacebar on my boot drive and it shows nvda_drv=1 was added back as a boot arg.

Did you find any solution?
I have the same condition.

You saved this boot-arg in your NVRAM. Just type : ' sudo nvram boot-args="" ' into your Terminal. I hope this will help you.

You saved this boot-arg in your NVRAM. Just type : ' sudo nvram boot-args="" ' into your Terminal. I hope this will help you.

Thanks, this solved my similar problem :thumbup:

Thanks, this solved my similar problem :thumbup:

How did you guys do this? If i try to use the Terminal/shell in clover it randomly backspaces wile im trying to write ... Anyone knows whats going on? This is driving me crazy! :banghead:

How did you guys do this? If i try to use the Terminal/shell in clover it randomly backspaces wile im trying to write ... Anyone knows whats going on? This is driving me crazy! :banghead:

Why you need EFI shell? I had similar issue but it got solved when I upgraded motherboard bios, not sure what was really the cause.

Why you need EFI shell? I had similar issue but it got solved when I upgraded motherboard bios, not sure what was really the cause.

Well because the original post was about a kernel panic thus system is not loading so how can one use the terminal on non-booting system? So i thought for a second h meant the shell.

I guess ill try to flash upgrade my bios and see if it changes anything. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back