Contribute
Register

Kernel Panic - Unable to remove nvda_drv=1 boot arg (Clover)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87N-WIFI
CPU
Intel Core i5-4670K
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 750ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm getting the following kernel panic after having updated to 10.10.3 and the nvidia web drivers which support that OS version.

Cld6AF5l.jpg

My guess is it's tied to the fact I have both nvda_drv=0 and nvda_drv=1 boot arguments but this is b/c I can't remove nvda_drv=1 using Clover. I've tried deleting the boot argument but it loads itself up each time automatically. I've also tried tossing in nv_disable=1 but that was unsuccessful.

I'm currently unable to boot using my 750ti or my integrated gfx, neither in regular, safe, or single user mode.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm getting the following kernel panic after having updated to 10.10.3 and the nvidia web drivers which support that OS version.

View attachment 134882

My guess is it's tied to the fact I have both nvda_drv=0 and nvda_drv=1 boot arguments but this is b/c I can't remove nvda_drv=1 using Clover. I've tried deleting the boot argument but it loads itself up each time automatically. I've also tried tossing in nv_disable=1 but that was unsuccessful.

I'm currently unable to boot using my 750ti or my integrated gfx, neither in regular, safe, or single user mode.

You should have to remove the flag from config.plist.

Try to boot without caches.

In clover boot screen use right arrow key to select the gear that has boot options listed.
use down arrow to highlight boot-args
hit enter to edit the boot args - use left arrow key to move to right of last letter of boot arg you want to remove.
Use backspace/delete key to remove. When done, hit enter to exit edit mode, down arrow to highlight return, hit enter to return to the select screen. right arrow again to the other gear and hit enter. Select Add clover entries for all... and hit enter. Select OS X icon and hit enter.

This is what I've been doing, but each time I change or delete the nvda_drv=1 arg and return to the the clover home screen, nvda_drv=1 gets added back somehow (I hit spacebar on my boot drive and it shows me which args are enabled).

This is what I've been doing, but each time I change or delete the nvda_drv=1 arg and return to the the clover home screen, nvda_drv=1 gets added back somehow (I hit spacebar on my boot drive and it shows me which args are enabled).

Have you read the post#2???

Yes, I have and received the following:

ngoQO81l.jpg

Yes, I have and received the following:

View attachment 137120
Try booting off a clover usb installer or try adding the boot flag nv_disable=yes I believe that is how to use that boot flag I can't remember at the moment you may wanna Google that one see if that help

I'm trying to boot off a Clover/Yosemite Install USB but the nvda_drv=1 boot option is still stuck.

I've tried the following when trying to boot using the integrated graphics:
  • deleting nvda_drv=1 (won't let me)
  • adding nv_disable=yes
  • booting without caches

Each time I get a message stating:
Code:
boot file patch: .IABootFiles\boot.efi
..Error loading kernel cache (0xe)
Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting...

When I try to boot using my GTX750 I get the following:
Code:
OsxAptipFixDrv: Error - requested memory exceeds our allocated relocation block

Try booting off a clover usb installer or try adding the boot flag nv_disable=yes I believe that is how to use that boot flag I can't remember at the moment you may wanna Google that one see if that help

I'm trying to boot off a Clover/Yosemite Install USB but the nvda_drv=1 boot option is still stuck.

I've tried the following when trying to boot using the integrated graphics:
  • deleting nvda_drv=1 (won't let me)
  • adding nv_disable=yes
  • booting without caches

Each time I get a message stating:
Code:
boot file patch: .IABootFiles\boot.efi
..Error loading kernel cache (0xe)
Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting...

When I try to boot using my GTX750 I get the following:
Code:
OsxAptipFixDrv: Error - requested memory exceeds our allocated relocation block
I had this problem before on one of my rigs the only way I was able to get back in was to boot up in single user mode and edit the config.plist by deleting the boot flag nvda_drv=1 by using a nano command if unfamiliar with doing this Id do some homework on the subject before doing so that way you will feel comfortable with making edits in single user mode and using nano commands and some of the other needed commands

however you should be able to boot up off the clover installer and change to config.plist by hitting the gear and changing the location to match the config.plist location on your usb drive worth a try before single user mode

Thanks for the reply.

I'm comfortable with nano, I just can't boot into single-user mode...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back