EVGA GeForce GTX 770
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Kernel Panic "Should have 8 threads, but only found 9" [Unsolved]

Like the title says I'm getting a kernel panic after boot up. This is after I have installed Mountain Lion but before I've gotten to Multibeast. The panic message is "Should have 8 threads, but only found 9 for die 0" Let me know if more of the panic messages will help.

My system is a Gigabyte GA-Z77WIFI, 8GB Corsair Ram, i7-3770K, and EVGA GeForce GTX 770. I pulled the harddrive from my old computer, so the system definition is a MacPro3,1 and there maybe more Lion specific things on the drive. I've double checked the BIOS and tried booting with both "GraphicsEnabler=No" and "-x" to no avail.

If it counts for anything I'm still able to boot into windows just fine.

Thanks in advance.

since u have a windows hdd u can use mac drive and edit the smbois to MacMini6,2 and add flag to the plist dart=0 and disable vt-d in bios

Where would I find the smbios and plist if I was browsing my disk? To change the smbios and plist do I just type it in as you wrote it? Also, what do you mean by vt-d? I looked through my bios again and didn't see vt-d or anything that abbreviated to that.

smbois is located in the extra folder and so is the plist vt-d is in advanced cpu settings in bios

Are you sure vt-d exists in Gigabyte bios? I checked again and couldn't find it, and "advanced CPU settings" doesn't seem to exist. Also which plist? There are two in the Extras folder and neither is just "plist".

dont worry about vt-d i checked ark intel your cpu doesnt have it. the plist your looking for is called org.chameleonboot.plist

Okay, so I changed the smbios to MacMini6,2 and added the dart=0 (both Dart and dart), and it's still getting the same kernel panic. Anymore ideas?

Thanks.

Okay, I got a picture of the kernel panic screen. Hopefully that'll help.

Attachments

• CIMG2656.jpg
    CIMG2656.jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 477
Wow I have exactly the same panic as you. I have no idea why this is happening either. Anyone?

I had the same exact kernel panic after installing Mavericks. I finally fixed it by manually removing the DSDT.aml file in the Extras folder in my hard drive. The file was left over from previous ML installation with Multibeast. I had to mount the drive on a separate mac to to this. After this it boots flawlessly.
I am running 4770 on GA Z87MX UD3 with EVO Geforce GTX 760. Onboard graphics disabled in bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back