Asus Z9PE-D8 WS
CPU
2x Intel Xeon E5-2687W V2 3.4GHz 8-Core Processor
Graphics
gtx980
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hi

I’m trying to install El Capitan on my dual cpu machine, I’ve followed Giacomoleopardo's X79 "Mostro" guide But I get a kernel panic with “should have 16 threads but only found 17” error. as soon as I launch the installer.
Only difference with giacomo’s build is that I have the cpu E5-2687W v2 and gtx980.

I read that you should delete the dsdt.aml file but I can’t seem to find it?
I also tried researching the AppleACPIPlatform thing, but the solutions I found didnt work.

Any idea how i could prevent that?

heres a picture of the error:

RzItcVb.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Hi

I’m trying to install El Capitan on my dual cpu machine, I’ve followed Giacomoleopardo's X79 "Mostro" guide But I get a kernel panic with “should have 16 threads but only found 17” error. as soon as I launch the installer.
Only difference with giacomo’s build is that I have the cpu E5-2687W v2 and gtx980.

I read that you should delete the dsdt.aml file but I can’t seem to find it?
I also tried researching the AppleACPIPlatform thing, but the solutions I found didnt work.

Any idea how i could prevent that?

heres a picture of the error:

RzItcVb.jpg

Thanks in advance!
Have you tried the "cpus=1" boot flag?
I've seen a post before saying that it's because missing CPU definitions block in his dsdt.
You don't have a patched dsdt though.

Yes I tried it. no difference :cry:

The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you
The Rules said:
Do not cross post or create identical threads in multiple forums. Duplicate threads will be deleted

Okay so I got through the kernel panic problem, by patching the DSDT :)

but now I'm stuck at "missing bluetooth controller transport" ... I've tried a lot of things but nothing worked
  • graphicsenabler=no
  • pcirootuid=1
  • dart=0
  • cpus=0
I'm suck again, and have already installed windows 10 on this machine, but I really can't see myself switching to windows yet, I have a small amount of hope left :p

could someone look into my efi folder? attached

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 162

but now I'm stuck at "missing bluetooth controller transport" ... I've tried a lot of things but nothing worked
  • graphicsenabler=no
  • pcirootuid=1
  • dart=0
  • cpus=0
I'm suck again, and have already installed windows 10 on this machine, but I really can't see myself switching to windows yet, I have a small amount of hope left :p

Missing Bluetooth Controller indicates graphics. Boot with nv_disable=1 -v.

• graphicsenabler=no
  • pcirootuid=1
  • dart=0
  • cpus=0

You have both nvda_drv=1 & nv_disable-1 which isn't a good idea. Remove nvda_drv=1 from boot args leaving nv_disable=1 & -v.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back