Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Kernel Panic right after installation!! Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything is perfect except sleep/wake, have attached the EFI, let know of the changes you make if you can :thumbup:

You probably don't need:
config.plist > DSDT > Fixes > FixHDA

I don't know what the "nvme=-1" boot argument is for and couldn't find any documentation for it. I don't know if this would affect your sleep.

I don't know whether or not your entries in config.plist > Devices > Add Properties could affect sleep.

Using a FakeCPUID probably doesn't help sleep.

There's no need to disable SIP if you are injecting your hackintosh kexts. It just lowers security for no good reason.

Okay will remove FixHDA,
nvme=-1 is for disabling use of nvme drives, for fixing a KP caused due to intel optane in my system,
I don't think should,
yeah,
how do I reenable my SIP in clover? and should I try darkwake bootflags for fixing my sleep? If not what should I be doing?

Okay will remove FixHDA,
nvme=-1 is for disabling use of nvme drives, for fixing a KP caused due to intel optane in my system,
I don't think should,
yeah,
how do I reenable my SIP in clover? and should I try darkwake bootflags for fixing my sleep? If not what should I be doing?

Screen Shot 2020-02-07 at 8.17.37 PM.png

I don't recall ever needing to set any darkwake setting for other Z390 motherboards.

When the computer goes to sleep, the display switches off immediately, the computer itself does not go into sleep immediately. That takes several more minutes before this happens.
When the display switches off, I cannot switch it on again either by mouse or keyboard.
When the computer finally goes to sleep (with already back display) after several minutes. I can wake it up again by pressing a key but the display does not turn on. The monitor says there is no video signal on the display port.
I have to reboot the computer to restore normal operation.

Actually, I just checked the system report and it is detecting 2 cards, one of course is my AMD card and the second is the Nvidia card. I just saw a post about macOS getting confused about which video card to use for wake functionality, therefore I will try and fix this issue and see if it helps fixing my sleep/wake issue.

When the computer goes to sleep, the display switches off immediately, the computer itself does not go into sleep immediately. That takes several more minutes before this happens.
When the display switches off, I cannot switch it on again either by mouse or keyboard.
When the computer finally goes to sleep (with already back display) after several minutes. I can wake it up again by pressing a key but the display does not turn on. The monitor says there is no video signal on the display port.
I have to reboot the computer to restore normal operation.

Sometimes, a system will not got to sleep immediately after the display goes to sleep because it's doing things in the background such as completing a Time Machine backup. This is normal.

Sometimes, when the system is sleeping, it will wake itself to perform background task such as syncing address book. This is normal and is known a a darkwake.

Under either of these situations, you should be able to wake the system with key presses and/or mouse clicks.

Actually, I just checked the system report and it is detecting 2 cards, one of course is my AMD card and the second is the Nvidia card. I just saw a post about macOS getting confused about which video card to use for wake functionality, therefore I will try and fix this issue and see if it helps fixing my sleep/wake issue.

I've never tried to have a second, incompatible card in the system and don't know how to fix this.

Last edited:
Sometimes, a system will not got to sleep immediately after the display goes to sleep because it's doing things in the background such as completing a Time Machine backup. This is normal.

Sometimes, when the system is sleeping, it will wake itself to perform background task such as syncing address book. This is normal and is known a a darkwake.

Under either of these situations, you should be able to wake the system with key presses and/or mouse clicks.

I've never tried to have a second, incompatible card in the system and don't know how to fix this.

Cool! Thanks for the help though! I was right, I disabled the Nvidia card completely through device properties and now its working like a charm! Everything is working very smoothly, I just have to test if I have hardware encoding and DRM support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back