Graphics
HD4000, 1366x768
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
When doing CPU intensive tasks such as watching an online video and downloading a file at the same time my laptop will freeze with kernel panic. I'm not sure of the cause and help to resolve this would be very helpful.

I ran eight video tabs at the same time in order to get a freeze to take a picture of the panic which is attached.

It'll also frequently freeze with no panic so I have no way to know why

Any help is greatly appreciated

Attachments

• hzTKuz4.jpg
    hzTKuz4.jpg
    673.6 KB · Views: 113
When doing CPU intensive tasks such as watching an online video and downloading a file at the same time my laptop will freeze with kernel panic. I'm not sure of the cause and help to resolve this would be very helpful.

I ran eight video tabs at the same time in order to get a freeze to take a picture of the panic which is attached.

Looks to be related to your USB WiFi drivers.

Can you please, indicate here what is your normal CPU idle temperature ? thanks n advanced.

Can you please, indicate here what is your normal CPU idle temperature ? thanks n advanced.

Definitely not a CPU issue... Crash is in realtek driver/USB kexts...

About 45°C

Shame about the USB adapter, I'll be ordering a BCM94352HMB soon so I guess I'll have to live with it. I looked it up and it's just people with the issue and no solution.

About 45°C

Shame about the USB adapter, I'll be ordering a BCM94352HMB soon so I guess I'll have to live with it. I looked it up and it's just people with the issue and no solution.

hmm, 45 ? are you sure , can you poste a picture ?! and what do you use Chimera or Clover ?
patch AppleIntelPowerManagment? do you have ssdt generate ? thanks.

Do you know a specific method of finding out? I just averaged what was being displayed on Temperature Monitor, sorry if that was misinformation. And yeh I'm patched AppleIntelPowerManagment and have generated an ssdt using rehabman's guide.

On a side note, have you got working the fn key shortcuts? I'm using the elantouchpad drivers which run like a dream but after even setting it correctly the fn keys stay to the apple stock shortcuts. Not a huge deal but it would be nice if you knew of a solution.

Do you know a specific method of finding out? I just averaged what was being displayed on Temperature Monitor, sorry if that was misinformation. And yeh I'm patched AppleIntelPowerManagment and have generated an ssdt using rehabman's guide.

On a side note, have you got working the fn key shortcuts? I'm using the elantouchpad drivers which run like a dream but after even setting it correctly the fn keys stay to the apple stock shortcuts. Not a huge deal but it would be nice if you knew of a solution.

well its simple , just install Intel Power gadget..
here is the link https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-power-gadget-20
extract this and run it (Intel® Power Gadget 3.0 for Mac) , you will see the temp.. and if you nice to post a picture with you CPU idle.

for the fn keys here is the official support and kexts
http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1968-fn-hotkey-driver-for-asus-notebooks/

have a good one, wating your replay..

I hope I've got the correct thing, it's attached.

On the top of the fn keys I can not get them to work properly no matter what I do. Would it be possible for you to send me your AsusNBFnkeys and ApplePS2Elantouchpad kexts?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-26 at 21.31.51.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-26 at 21.31.51.png
    149.1 KB · Views: 124
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back