Contribute
Register

Kernel Panic on Startup "unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87 UD3H
CPU
i7 4770k
Graphics
Nvidia 660gtx
So, I tried updating my Mavericks to Yosemite, but I had random freezing that I could not resolve. I seem to have lost my Mavericks USB, so I thought I'd start from scratch like when I originally set up the system using my 10.6.3DVD.

Using my iBoot Haswell DVD I get the following screen when I try to run the 10.6.3 DVD. This is with or without the following flags I grabbed from a similar thread I found.

-x -v -f acpi=off PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No

Attachments

• 20191003_133517.jpg
    20191003_133517.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 149
Last edited:
So, I tried updating my Mavericks to Yosemite, but I had random freezing that I could not resolve. I seem to have lost my Mavericks USB, so I thought I'd start from scratch like when I originally set up the system using my 10.6.3DVD.

Using my iBoot Haswell DVD I get the following screen when I try to run the 10.6.3 DVD. This is with or without the following flags I grabbed from a similar thread I found.

-x -v -f acpi=off PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No

Did you get anywhere? I think your hardware has outclassed your OS install. Leave off your flags like -x until you need to get into safe mode. You may bypass problems but won't fix them

-v GraphicsEnabler=Yes

then address your CPU. things like Cpus=1 bussratio= ? etc

you may have to use maxmem= also. or cut your system down to minimum until you get an install...

Good luck

double check them cpu flags, just going for loose memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back