Contribute
Register

Kernel Panic on Startup "unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".../IOPlatformExpert.cpp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey Guys,
I got a problem with my hackintosh. I had a succesfully installed hackintosh on my pc, but then i made a terrible experiment and now i know the mention of "never touch a running System". On my pc are two hackintoshs installed, the first one which is now ****ed up and the second one which is still running. Because of some issues on the first hackintosh, which the other hasn´t , i copied all the kext from the first one to another place on my Volume and put the kexts from the second one to the S/L/E of the first one, repaired permissions and emptied the cache then i tried to start and what a surprise Kernel Panic. I just wanted to test it, because i thought everything will be working fine if i put the old Extensions back and repair permissions. But this Fails!

Now i get this Kp:

Panic(cpu 0 caller 0x563ebd): "unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".n"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1504.15.2/iokit/Kernel
/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1378
Debugger called: <panic>

Booting with -v works.

My specs Are:
CPU: Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200 @ 2.50 GHz
Mainboard: Msi p43 neo
Video Card: Ati Radeon 4830

Is there any chance to get my System working, without a completly new install?

Greetings ;)

Hey Guys,
I got a problem with my hackintosh. I had a succesfully installed hackintosh on my pc, but then i made a terrible experiment and now i know the mention of "never touch a running System". On my pc are two hackintoshs installed, the first one which is now ****ed up and the second one which is still running. Because of some issues on the first hackintosh, which the other hasn´t , i copied all the kext from the first one to another place on my Volume and put the kexts from the second one to the S/L/E of the first one, repaired permissions and emptied the cache then i tried to start and what a surprise Kernel Panic. I just wanted to test it, because i thought everything will be working fine if i put the old Extensions back and repair permissions. But this Fails!

Now i get this Kp:

Panic(cpu 0 caller 0x563ebd): "unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".n"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1504.15.2/iokit/Kernel
/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1378
Debugger called: <panic>

Booting with -v works.

My specs Are:
CPU: Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200 @ 2.50 GHz
Mainboard: Msi p43 neo
Video Card: Ati Radeon 4830

Is there any chance to get my System working, without a completly new install?

Greetings ;)

killer

Not sure if you have both hack volumes screwed up from your write up but
if you trying to turn off ACPI suggest you use these boot switches when you boot
test these on each volume.

-x -v -f acpi=off PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No

what does what :
-x is safe mode like windows
-v is the text mode debugger
-f is the clear cache mode
acpi-off is the turn off acpi functions
PCIRootUID=1 is the video source internal or external
GraphicsEnabler=No is the restrict gfx to basic mode 1024x768

As i said, one hackintosh is working more or less correctly but it works. Its an old Installation i forgot to deinstall. My main hackintosh got the KP.
So i booted succesfully with this flags. My question is, whats the cause of these flags? The safe mode is already working. Now do you have any idea how i can get my main System working on the normal mode? I mean i got all the kexts which worked in this system nearly perfect.

Thanks man for your reply!

greetings

As i said, one hackintosh is working more or less correctly but it works. Its an old Installation i forgot to deinstall. My main hackintosh got the KP.
So i booted succesfully with this flags. My question is, whats the cause of these flags? The safe mode is already working. Now do you have any idea how i can get my main System working on the normal mode? I mean i got all the kexts which worked in this system nearly perfect.

greetings

killer

Glad that the string worked for you

Now all you have to do is to isolate what the problem is

suggest you start by shortening the string - by removing items from the string

so what happens when you do not use the PCIRootUID or the GraphicsEnabler

do these one and a time to see what happens

Most likely you will need to run MulItBeast on the system volume that is having the problem.

Also in MultiBeast you need to run the System Utilities for permissions and file rights -
Do this asap

moving kexts helter skelter rests the rightes from what they were to what Your user permissions rights are and this is a problem.

If you get to the one w the ACPI=off and this does not work its the power management that is the problem

Test and repeat as required.

So now i tried to boot with theese flags:
-x -v -f acpi=off PCIRootUID=1
-x -v -f acpi=off
-x -v -f
-x -v

The system boots fine with all of theese.

I already repaired permission with Multibeast. So whats the problem ? Did i do the right, or am i´m doing it wrong ?

So now i tried to boot with theese flags:
-x -v -f acpi=off PCIRootUID=1
-x -v -f acpi=off
-x -v -f
-x -v

The system boots fine with all of these.

I already repaired permission with Multibeast. So whats the problem ? Did i do the right, or am i´m doing it wrong ?

Killer...

I think the permissions was the problem and your working

I see you down to two switches

the next selection would be to drop the -x to remove safe mode ( if your still using it)

and use only the -v

then if that works drop the -v and use NO switches and see if your still in the Ball Game.

greetings
Is there anything on the non-working drive that is not on the working one? If yes, boot to working drive and back up those items.
Boot the working system and make a time machine backup of it. Then you can do a partial restore of the backup to the non-working one, selecting option to restore files you select only.

Hey,
This is not a screenshot of my Alert.
I get this Error with several kexts for example, ALF, AppleACPIPlatform, etc. I know that many of them aren´t installed correctly.
So i opened the Package Content of ALF for example and checked the permission of every file and the permission is right. System read and write , group wheel read only, guests read only. Same on AppleACPIPlatform, etc.

greetings

Hi,

I am new to this forum and I am in desperate need of some help!! :(

Was running mavericks just fine. Everything was working good until a few days ago I accidentally did a SOFTWARE update which ended up causing audio issues.

Upon doing some more research I found that editing some kext files (which was a horrible mistake) would possibly fix this issue. I ended up INSTALLING a IOUSBFamily.kext using kext utility. Shortly after, I attempted to restart my computer, but unfortunately Mavericks wasn't booting up anymore.. I got this error

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff80006c3451): "Unable to find DRIVER for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@SourceCache/xnu/xnu-2422.115.4/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp

Hi,

I am new to this forum and I am in desperate need of some help!! :(

Was running mavericks just fine. Everything was working good until a few days ago I accidentally did a SOFTWARE update which ended up causing audio issues.

Upon doing some more research I found that editing some kext files (which was a horrible mistake) would possibly fix this issue. I ended up INSTALLING a IOUSBFamily.kext using kext utility. Shortly after, I attempted to restart my computer, but unfortunately Mavericks wasn't booting up anymore.. I got this error

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff80006c3451): "Unable to find DRIVER for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@SourceCache/xnu/xnu-2422.115.4/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp

i also get the same error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back