Contribute
Register

Kernel Panic on Startup "unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".../IOPlatformExpert.cpp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was running into the same error as the title of this thread. Just in case anyone else is reading through this and not able to fix it using what worked for the other guys, here is what worked for me:

- In clover boot menu, choose "options"
- Select "DSDT fix mask"
- Uncheck "Fix LAN"
- Escape out to the main menu and boot

It took me hours of trial and error, so hopefully this helps someone else!

I was running into the same error as the title of this thread. Just in case anyone else is reading through this and not able to fix it using what worked for the other guys, here is what worked for me:

- Select "DSDT fix mask"
- Uncheck "Fix LAN"

Thanks,
I was patching dsdt for hdmi audio and run into this error, your hint saved me literally hours, though I'd probably have given up on it, if I hadn't found this reply, in my case I had to uncheck "AddHDMI", was using toleda's HDMI guide for 8 series. :thumbup:

- Select "DSDT fix mask"
- Uncheck "Fix LAN"

Just wanted to say thanks for this as well :clap:

- Select "DSDT fix mask"
- Uncheck "Fix LAN"

My case was uncheck "Fix Airport"

- Select "DSDT fix mask"
- Uncheck "Fix LAN"

Thank you, this worked for me too. I'm new to Clover - how can I make the change permanent?

Hi Ablears,

I have tried to re-install El Capitan that was downloaded from the Apple Store (Production Version).
The USB boot works and I can install it on the Brix i5-5200U. I can also log on to the desktop (initial)
But i then created the EFI partition and copied the EFI folder to the new ssd.

When i reboot, the system now comes back with the ACPI error like before..
Have you upgraded to the version that is now in the App Store?

thanks

bd4utonite2

Thank you, this worked for me too. I'm new to Clover - how can I make the change permanent?

Went in and Dropped all OEM SSDT and also unchecked "fix LAN" and "Fix AirPort" and it got me going

this GA z97x UD7 Board man has caused me serious headaches

Older board the install was fine but throw a couple of thunderbolt port and your in for a wild ride. Thank all for the tips they really got me through this build.

Unchecked: Fix Lan
Unchecked: Fix airport

But no luck for me. I'm installing on Dell Precission T5400,

Any help?:crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back