Contribute
Register

Kernel Panic on Startup "unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".../IOPlatformExpert.cpp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hey,
This is not a screenshot of my Alert.
I get this Error with several kexts for example, ALF, AppleACPIPlatform, etc. I know that many of them aren´t installed correctly.
So i opened the Package Content of ALF for example and checked the permission of every file and the permission is right. System read and write , group wheel read only, guests read only. Same on AppleACPIPlatform, etc.

greetings

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi,

I am new to this forum and I am in desperate need of some help!! :(

Was running mavericks just fine. Everything was working good until a few days ago I accidentally did a SOFTWARE update which ended up causing audio issues.

Upon doing some more research I found that editing some kext files (which was a horrible mistake) would possibly fix this issue. I ended up INSTALLING a IOUSBFamily.kext using kext utility. Shortly after, I attempted to restart my computer, but unfortunately Mavericks wasn't booting up anymore.. I got this error

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff80006c3451): "Unable to find DRIVER for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@SourceCache/xnu/xnu-2422.115.4/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp

Motherboard
H97N-Wifi
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I am new to this forum and I am in desperate need of some help!! :(

Was running mavericks just fine. Everything was working good until a few days ago I accidentally did a SOFTWARE update which ended up causing audio issues.

Upon doing some more research I found that editing some kext files (which was a horrible mistake) would possibly fix this issue. I ended up INSTALLING a IOUSBFamily.kext using kext utility. Shortly after, I attempted to restart my computer, but unfortunately Mavericks wasn't booting up anymore.. I got this error

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff80006c3451): "Unable to find DRIVER for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@SourceCache/xnu/xnu-2422.115.4/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp

i also get the same error.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5
CPU
Intel i5 4690K @ 3.9GHz
Graphics
GeForce GTX760 4GB
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I was running into the same error as the title of this thread. Just in case anyone else is reading through this and not able to fix it using what worked for the other guys, here is what worked for me:

- In clover boot menu, choose "options"
- Select "DSDT fix mask"
- Uncheck "Fix LAN"
- Escape out to the main menu and boot

It took me hours of trial and error, so hopefully this helps someone else!

Motherboard
GA-B85M-D3H
CPU
i7 4770k
Graphics
ATI r9 380
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I was running into the same error as the title of this thread. Just in case anyone else is reading through this and not able to fix it using what worked for the other guys, here is what worked for me:

- Select "DSDT fix mask"
- Uncheck "Fix LAN"

Thanks,
I was patching dsdt for hdmi audio and run into this error, your hint saved me literally hours, though I'd probably have given up on it, if I hadn't found this reply, in my case I had to uncheck "AddHDMI", was using toleda's HDMI guide for 8 series. :thumbup:

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97MX Gaming 5
CPU
Graphics
Asus GTX660
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

- Select "DSDT fix mask"
- Uncheck "Fix LAN"

Just wanted to say thanks for this as well :clap:

CPU
i7
Graphics
nvidia GT650M
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone

- Select "DSDT fix mask"
- Uncheck "Fix LAN"

My case was uncheck "Fix Airport"

Motherboard
Gigabyte > need model # > See Rules
CPU
i5-7600K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
  1. iMac

- Select "DSDT fix mask"
- Uncheck "Fix LAN"

Thank you, this worked for me too. I'm new to Clover - how can I make the change permanent?

Motherboard
Acer Aspire S3-951-2464G34iss
CPU
i5 2467M / UM67
Graphics
HD 3000 1366x768
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi Ablears,

I have tried to re-install El Capitan that was downloaded from the Apple Store (Production Version).
The USB boot works and I can install it on the Brix i5-5200U. I can also log on to the desktop (initial)
But i then created the EFI partition and copied the EFI folder to the new ssd.

When i reboot, the system now comes back with the ACPI error like before..
Have you upgraded to the version that is now in the App Store?

thanks

bd4utonite2

Thank you, this worked for me too. I'm new to Clover - how can I make the change permanent?

Status
Not open for further replies.