Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Kernel Panic on startup after not starting for months El capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X > Need full model name > See Rules!
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 970
Hi all

New account as old email died along with my memory of the password :(

Fired up my computer last week to get my CV off, and it booted, then restarted and hung at the apple logo. After some messing with the BIOS I was able to get it to start loading the progress bar however it dies at the same point each time now and restarts.

using -v I can see it is unhappy with
com.apple.iokit.IOBluetoothFamily
with one dependency listed.
and
com.apple.iokit.BluetoothHostControllerUARTTransport
with 4 dependencys listed.

I cannot figure out if this is a problem with my ktexts?
I do not want to do a re-install as all my software will require reinstalling and I don't have access to some of the activation keys anymore.

Hopefully this is enough info to get some help but i'll of course give as much info as needed.

thanks in advance.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 82
I can see it is unhappy with com.apple.iokit.IOBluetoothFamily
Try removing Bluetooth from the equation if you think it is causing problems.
Disable in BIOS or physically remove it.

I cannot figure out if this is a problem with my ktexts?
Kexts not ktexts - Kernel Extensions.

I do not want to do a re-install as all my software will require reinstalling and I don't have access to some of the activation keys anymore.
If you reinstall without formatting the drive then everything else remains intact, no need to reactivate software.

Try removing Bluetooth from the equation if you think it is causing problems.
Disable in BIOS or physically remove it.

Kexts not ktexts - Kernel Extensions.

If you reinstall without formatting the drive then everything else remains intact, no need to reactivate software.
you can tell i've been awake a while ... kexts, thank you XD

I have tried removing my BT/wifi card and it didn't solve the issue.

Reinstall the kexts? so using multibeast? or reinstall OSX?

also thank you

I don't imagine that reinstalling kexts will have any effect.
I have disc images from before this happened, can't I just find the dependancys listed and stick them in the library?

I have disc images from before this happened, can't I just find the dependancys listed and stick them in the library?
Not a recognised troubleshooting plan.

Before resorting to that, have you tried booting in safe mode ?

Not a recognised troubleshooting plan.

Before resorting to that, have you tried booting in safe mode ?
I get the same error, on Install OSX boot option and Boot from Recovery HD boot option. :/

Why do you have an Install OSX option ?

Is there a failed update ?

One drunken night many many years ago, the 'install OSX updates' popped up in the corner and without thinking I clicked install forgetting I was on my fake computer ...

anyway that caused mayhem but I was able to scratch together a working install but ended up with an install OSX partition. which just kinda sits there and makes me feel embarrassed.

This is why i thought it might be a kexts issue:

specificaly the USB side of things i don't think it's graphic related.

Freeze on Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport
This is not actually a Bluetooth problem, but typically a problem starting graphics. This just happens to be the last message on the screen when graphics can't start. Look here instead.
Bluetooth not working
  • Be aware that Bluetooth on a PCIE half-mini or m.2 card uses a USB interface to the motherboard under the covers.
    • Look in About This Mac / System Report / USB and see if there's an entry in there anywhere for your Bluetooth device.
      • If there is, note the vendor ID and device ID and try to get drivers installed
      • If there is not, you need to troubleshoot USB issues to get the USB port that your Bluetooth card is attached to working.
  • External Bluetooth dongles need to be attached to a working USB port (and often some USB ports will have problems per the issue above)
    • Try the dongle on different ports, on case, on back panel, USB2/USB3, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back