Kernel Panic On Installation

Motherboard
ASUS Z170 Deluxe
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
1080 Ti
Hello all,

I am attempting my first Hackintosh build on OS X Sierra (10.12.4). While doing so I seemed to have ran into a brick wall. I cant even get the initial setup going to install OS X. It gives a kernel panic every single time. I've tried everything I could think to do to try and fix this, problem is there wasn't really much I could think of besides to format and re-create the Install USB. Below, I will walk you through my hardware and the steps I've taken to reach said kernel panic. This post may be lengthy so, thanks to all that take the time to read it all and offer advice.

Advisory: I use the Clover bootloader and Clover Configurator in the steps below. These are a must for me! (Sorry MultiBeast fans)

Hardware:
Mobo: Asus Z170-Deluxe
CPU: i7 6700K
RAM: 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport
GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Founder's Edition (Not yet purchased, so not a factor as of now)
PSU: Corsair RM750
SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 512GB (yet to be formatted, used in a fully working previous El Capitan Hackintosh build)
Install USB: PNY 8GB USB 2.0 thumb drive
Current Mac: MacBook Pro 17", Early 2011

Process:
Step 1 - Download OS X Sierra from AppStore
Note: As you can see from my System Info above, I have an SSD as a startup disk. This SSD is not very large in storage capacity so I use external thunderbolt hard drives to save all of my data. When I downloaded OS X Sierra, it was stored on said external drive.​
Step 2 - Format USB
1 Partition
Named "Installer"
OS Extended (Journaled)
GUID Partition Table​
Step 3 - Create Sierra USB Install Drive
I was able to easily and successfully complete this step by using Terminal. Since my "Install macOS Sierra.app" wasn't in the default location, I simply had to point to it in the Terminal command.​
Step 4 - Install Clover Bootloader
I used the following customization options when installing Clover Bootloader to my USB:
Step 5 - Download kexts and other essential files
FakeSMC.kext
AppleIntelE1000e.kext
VoodooHDA.pkg
Clover Configurator.app
Nvidia Web Driver
Nvidia Cuda Driver
Note: Put all these in a folder in the root of the install USB for post-install.​
Step 6 - Clover Configurator
I used the following flags and other options in my Clover config.plist (Most things were left as default, not sure if this is the problem)
Acpi (first page of fixes)

Acpi (second page of fixes)

Boot

Cpu

Devices

Disable Drivers

Gui

Graphics

Kernel and Kext Patches

Rt Variables

SMBIOS

System Parameters
Step 7 - BIOS Settings
I used the BIOS settings in wildwillow's build guide here as reference, since he seemed to have the most similar hardware to me that I could find.
Ai Tweaker > DRAM Frequency > Set to your choice of frequency depending on the memory.
Advanced > System Agent (SA) Configuration > VT-d Disabled
Advanced > (SA) Configuration > Graphics Configuration > Primary Display > PEG
Advanced > (SA) Configuration > Graphics Configuration > IGPU Multi-Monitor > Disabled
Advanced > USB Configuration > XHCI Handoff > Enabled
Boot > CSM (Compatibility Support Module) Launch CSM > Enabled
Boot > CSM > Boot Device Control > UEFI and Legacy OPROM
Boot > CSM > Boot from PCI-E/PCI Expansion Devices > UEFI driver first
Secure Boot > OS Type > Other OS
Secure Boot > Delete all keys under Key Management (4 in total)
Boot option #1 > UEFI macOS installation USB
Press F10 and save the changes to the BIOS.​
Step 8 - Boot to USB (Kernel Panic)
Clover Bootloader comes up fine, and begins to countdown. I selected Boot OS X Install from Install macOS Sierra, then the verbose log began to run. After a few seconds, kernel panic.
Here are some pics of panic log(please excuse the dirty monitor...):

So this is where I am. I haven't a clue what the problem even is, so I'm not sure how to go about fixing it. It's super frustrating to have almost everything in place, and some unknown error keeps me from just installing OS X. I know my hardware is supported. As stated above, the SSD I am using has been used in a previous Hackintosh build where I used El Capitan. As a test, I did install OS X Sierra on this SSD to see if it was stable. I haven't formatted the drive yet as the kernel panic issue hasn't allowed me to get to Disk Utility. However, I am not sure if that even matters. I am just at wits end and am trying to include every little detail so the experts here can perhaps find a solution for me. Anyway, thanks for reading. Any help offered is greatly appreciated!

Best regards

-xJPN

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I haven't a clue what the problem even is, so I'm not sure how to go about fixing it.
Probably the ludicrous number of unnecessary ACPI / DSDT fixes that you have in your config.plist.

Motherboard
ASRock Z170 Extreme4
CPU
Intel Core i7-6700k
Graphics
Nvidia GTX1070
Mobile Phone
iOS
Motherboard
ASUS Z170 Deluxe
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
1080 Ti
Thanks for the replies!
Probably the ludicrous number of unnecessary ACPI / DSDT fixes that you have in your config.plist.
I left most everything as is in config.plist after I installed clover bootloader to my USB. Only thing I really changed was the GUI resolution, the SMBIOS, and I added -v to boot args. I swear, everything else you see in the config.plist in my Clover Configurator screenshots above was like that automatically after installation.
Any recommendation of which one(s) I should uncheck?

Same problem. But I did not touch config.
Yeah I saw your thread and kernel panic. I really need a solution. I'm happy to keep you posted as I mentioned in your thread earlier. Just hope we can get a solution.

Do not hijack another user's thread - Start one of your own.
Calm down, he was just expressing concern because of his nearly identical issue. He clearly already has a thread of his own :) We just wanna help each other out!

Motherboard
ASUS Z170 Deluxe
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
1080 Ti
I got a solution!!!
A friendly expert over at InsanelyMac.com helped me out ALOT!!

He recommended that I try changing my whole clover folder and took the initiative to upload a replacement one for me to try(attached to this post).

I tried it out and got another kernel panic, but he somehow foresaw that and told me if it happened again, to change the DVMT settings in my BIOS to either 64M or 96M. I went and changed it to 64M and now I'm looking at the macOS setup screen for the first time!! feelsgoodman.jpg

BIG PROPS to that guy!!!

Attachments