Contribute
Register

Kernel Panic on High Sierra Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for this, it got me halfway there. The other half was figuring out how to remove an errant kext (for an SiI3132 SATA/eSATA card that supports port multipliers) and rebuild caches from outside the regular environment, which I hadn't had to do in ages. More on that here.
It appears that High Sierra might be pickier about kexts in general, so this is something to keep in mind. It might make sense to move any kexts for fringe peripheral cards like this to /EFI/Clover/kexts/osx-version-you're-upgrading-from/, unloading them, and rebuilding kextcaches *before* running the High Sierra installer.

I have the exact same error... I have not found a fix.
=========
Update: After adding "MATS" I no longer received the kernel panic. The installation appears to be proceeding.
=========
Update #2: The installation completed but I have encountered issues such as bluetooth, sound, etc...
=========
Update #3: After removing the USB dongle (IOGEAR Bluetooth 4.0 (GBU521)), rebooting, and re-inserting dongle, bluetooth is working. Now to fix the sound problem.
=========
Update #4: Sound problem resolved by following cloverALC instructions under:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/high-sierra-desktop-realtek-applehda-audio.226433/
After a couple of iTunes crashes, High Sierra is up and running. :)
Thanks to all.

hey i have the same issue.
but i have a question that how do you manage to edit the config.plist file?
i am currently stuck at the clover boot screen and i couldn't go back to the system to use clover configurator to make my edit.

I am having a similar issue with High Sierra Installation. Has anyone resolved this since the last post? Checked my ACPI/Drop Table as suggested in this thread and it is already set to MATS. Using Unibeast 8.3.2. Attached is a screenshot of verbose booting.

Has anyone resolved this since the last post? Checked my ACPI/Drop Table as suggested in this thread and it is already set to MATS. Using Unibeast 8.3.2. Attached is a screenshot of verbose booting.
No need to drop MATS or DMAR table.
Clover r4429 or higher - Use config.plist/ACPI/FixHeaders=true

Search results for query: MACH Reboot

Set FixHeaders=true. Looks like same kernel panic. New screenshot, although log seems identical as before.
Using Clover r4871. Would it help to attach my .plist file?

@BreBo,
Used the config file in this thread. Boots to install screen and Disk Utility recognizes both internal drives (SATA HDD and NVMe SSD), so MACH Reboot issue solved. Thank you!

Clover r4429 or higher - Use config.plist/ACPI/FixHeaders=true

worked for me - thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back