Contribute
Register

Kernel Panic on High Sierra Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have attached an image of the kernel panic screen I get when trying to install/upgrade High Sierra. To my eyes there is a serious lack of helpful information.
I initially tried the upgrade method, following the instructions in the first post to the letter.
When that failed I tried creating the USB installer, again following the instructions to the letter.
Both gave me the screen you see in the attachment.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I did install the latest Clover 4220
I did copy the files apfs.efi, fakeSMC.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to the correct destinations.View attachment 280965

The really annoying and frustrating thing is that I have been hacking my toshes for almost nine years flawlessly.

I have the exact same error... I have not found a fix.
=========
Update: After adding "MATS" I no longer received the kernel panic. The installation appears to be proceeding.
=========
Update #2: The installation completed but I have encountered issues such as bluetooth, sound, etc...
=========
Update #3: After removing the USB dongle (IOGEAR Bluetooth 4.0 (GBU521)), rebooting, and re-inserting dongle, bluetooth is working. Now to fix the sound problem.
=========
Update #4: Sound problem resolved by following cloverALC instructions under:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/high-sierra-desktop-realtek-applehda-audio.226433/
After a couple of iTunes crashes, High Sierra is up and running. :)
Thanks to all.

Last edited:
have you installed last clover (4220) and last clover Configurator?

Smexhy move the table down MATS you have hidden last

DanyM attach your config.plist with added MATS

Attachments

• config_Dany.plist
    5.3 KB · Views: 380
Last edited:

Thank you! I am dumb-head and I didn't notice the scrollbar.

Image%202017-10-02%20at%2010.24.57%20PM.png

Is it alright now?

Thank you! I am dumb-head and I didn't notice the scrollbar.

Image%202017-10-02%20at%2010.24.57%20PM.png

Is it alright now?

Hi, thx a lot for editing my config.plist! To your question: I installed Clover 4233 before starting installation

Yes, now I can see MATS in the Drop Tables and also after reboot in Clover under Boot there’s still a hook at MATS selection - this saves manual selection. But in general, I I’m still unable to install 10.13. Now after starting the installation, I see the Apple Logo on black screen with the bar still filling (more than half of it).This did not happen before => then I have a black screen with the spinning wheel for about 1 minute => then the spinning wheel is frozen. Can you say as a professional if I have to change in my config.plist something else or give a hint with what boot options I can try it (e.g. -v / -x /-s or other? By the way, is it helpful for you, when I try it again with -v to give you the text line? I've read that many guys with the same motherboard: Gigabyte
GA-Z87X-UD5H also have problems.
As a thought for the next step: Removing the graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 before new trying??
And also have a closer look to BIOS settings (firmware 10c, the newest). I know, that I can’t find CFG Lock / secure boot mode can’t be disabled (here I have only the option system or custom), instead secure boot can be disabled / CPU => VT-d is greyed => probably because of K-processor??

Hi, in addition to my message: I rebooted in -v mode and it stucks now with following message:
Tue Oct 3 09:43:52 2017 iMac.local.com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.WindowServer) <Notice>: Servie only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.

Any idea??? Thanks a lot for your support

Hi guys, thanks for your support - after disabling intel graphic in Bios, I had luck for installation - 10.13 is running

Hi, thx a lot for editing my config.plist! To your question: I installed Clover 4233 before starting installation

Yes, now I can see MATS in the Drop Tables and also after reboot in Clover under Boot there’s still a hook at MATS selection - this saves manual selection. But in general, I I’m still unable to install 10.13. Now after starting the installation, I see the Apple Logo on black screen with the bar still filling (more than half of it).This did not happen before => then I have a black screen with the spinning wheel for about 1 minute => then the spinning wheel is frozen. Can you say as a professional if I have to change in my config.plist something else or give a hint with what boot options I can try it (e.g. -v / -x /-s or other? By the way, is it helpful for you, when I try it again with -v to give you the text line? I've read that many guys with the same motherboard: Gigabyte
GA-Z87X-UD5H also have problems.
As a thought for the next step: Removing the graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 before new trying??
And also have a closer look to BIOS settings (firmware 10c, the newest). I know, that I can’t find CFG Lock / secure boot mode can’t be disabled (here I have only the option system or custom), instead secure boot can be disabled / CPU => VT-d is greyed => probably because of K-processor??

I'm sorry DaniM but I can not help you .. I'm not very expert .. as you follow the manuals, I imagine you will have some problem with the graphics card. test remove it or disable it in the startup of clover, start in verbose mode and look where it stops the installation and as you appear you have to search the forums ..

Hi, in addition to my message: I rebooted in -v mode and it stucks now with following message:
Tue Oct 3 09:43:52 2017 iMac.local.com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.WindowServer) <Notice>: Servie only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds

what model of "imac" you put in smbios? I have "imac 13.2"

Hi guys, thanks for your support - after disabling intel graphic in Bios, I had luck for installation - 10.13 is running

I'm glad.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back