Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have attached an image of the kernel panic screen I get when trying to install/upgrade High Sierra. To my eyes there is a serious lack of helpful information.
I initially tried the upgrade method, following the instructions in the first post to the letter.
When that failed I tried creating the USB installer, again following the instructions to the letter.
Both gave me the screen you see in the attachment.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I did install the latest Clover 4220
I did copy the files apfs.efi, fakeSMC.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to the correct destinations. screen.jpg

The really annoying and frustrating thing is that I have been hacking my toshes for almost nine years flawlessly.

I have attached an image of the kernel panic screen I get when trying to install/upgrade High Sierra. To my eyes there is a serious lack of helpful information.
I initially tried the upgrade method, following the instructions in the first post to the letter.
When that failed I tried creating the USB installer, again following the instructions to the letter.
Both gave me the screen you see in the attachment.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I did install the latest Clover 4220
I did copy the files apfs.efi, fakeSMC.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to the correct destinations.View attachment 280965

The really annoying and frustrating thing is that I have been hacking my toshes for almost nine years flawlessly.

Hello, I have exactly the same problem, you have been able to solve it.

Thank you very much.

Search this forum for backtrace. I think one common cause is having to drop the MATS table, or the DMAR table, or another firmware table found in your firmware that 10.13 does not like.

Hello, thank you very much for your answer, but it is not very clear to me .. it may be that problem is "backtrace" but that would be related to the system update, but if I want to make a new clean installation it happens exactly the same .. I have to to change something in Clover?

Thank you so much

Hi, I already got the installer boot, I had to change in ACPI "DMAR" by "MATS" and installer started to work. Now I have to fight with the graphics that I have a lag, install nvidia drivers but something does not work for me, I do not know if it's a problem with "CUDA" that has no update until today.

Just got home after couple of days away to see the above suggestions. Too late tonight to try them, but will have a go in the Morning and let you know how it goes if there is success.
Many thanks for the feedback.

Hi, I already got the installer boot, I had to change in ACPI "DMAR" by "MATS" and installer started to work. Now I have to fight with the graphics that I have a lag, install nvidia drivers but something does not work for me, I do not know if it's a problem with "CUDA" that has no update until today.

mind sharing how to do that? config.plist or just a snippet of it.. facing the same problem

I had it very easy, in the Clover configurator in the ACPI / Drop Tables option change "DMAR" to "MATS", if you know how to edit config.plist file you can change it from there directly.

Attachments

• IMG_1310.JPG
    IMG_1310.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 5,304
  • IMG_1308.JPG
    IMG_1308.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 5,710
  • IMG_1307.JPG
    IMG_1307.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 5,079
I had it very easy, in the Clover configurator in the ACPI / Drop Tables option change "DMAR" to "MATS", if you know how to edit config.plist file you can change it from there directly.

Hi, I am far away from technical understanding and whats behind – can you give me a step by step how to do and to change it or can you change my attached config file // Best Dany

Attachments

• config_Dany.plist
    5.2 KB · Views: 376
Hi there, I tried to add there option "MATS", but it's not in the list:
Image%202017-10-02%20at%207.28.03%20PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back