Contribute
Register

Kernel panic on boot after briefly working (10.13.6 clean install on GA-Z87-UD5H)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Prime Z490-A
CPU
i7-10070K
Graphics
RX 6600
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Color Classic
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I did a clean install of High Sierra 10.13.16 (after several failed attempts at updating directly from El Capitan), completed MultiBeast post installation with my audio and network options, and rebooted. Everything seemed to be working except for my USB 3.0 ports, so I tried installing 7/8/9 Series USB Support in MultiBeast. Now I get a "MACH Reboot" kernel panic at every boot shortly after the Apple logo and loading bar appear. I tried booting in safe mode, but I still get a KP. I also tried booting via Clover on my USB installer, but it's the same.

See the verbose mode readout below. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Attachment0.jpeg

Last edited:
After trying various suggested fixes I found in the forum, I gave up and reinstalled High Sierra. I then completed MultiBeast post installation, making sure not to install 7/8/9 Series USB Support. I rebooted and everything was fine like last time. I rebooted a few more times for good measure, and everything was fine the first few times, but then I started getting kernel panics again.

Booting in verbose mode showed that the kernel panic is different in that there's no MACH Reboot error now:

Attachment0 1.jpeg

Below are my specs and various settings. I've also attached the Clover config file from my UniBeast USB. The only thing I've modified was adding MATS table dropping to High Sierra to boot during installation. If need be, I can go into Terminal on my SSD with High Sierra on it to get that config file, too, but I haven't modified anything in that file other than what I selected in MultiBeast.

My setup:
GA-Z87X-UD5H
i7-4770K
GTX 660

MultiBeast configuration:
MultiBeast High Sierra Config.png

BIOS settings:
BIOS 1 - Home - Performance.png
BIOS 2 - Home - Standard.png
BIOS 3 - Performance - Frequency.png
BIOS 4 - Performance - Memory.png
BIOS 5 - BIOS Features 1.png