Contribute
Register

Kernel Panic On Asus P8P67 LE

Status
Not open for further replies.
wiraone said:
Yoga said:
Will deleting this stop KP's with SB and 5,1?

Well, it does for me on my previous installation on p8p67 le and for my current ga-p67a-ud3-b3.

BTW, just wondering if you guys have problem with system turning back on few seconds after a shutdown. Couldn't fix this problem and couldn't return my motherboard, so I went with Gigabyte which works.

Might give that a pop :¬)

Nope, running flawlessly here!

Thanks Yoga, i'm now in 10.6.7 and no more kernel panic, smbios 8,1 solved it. no need to remove 4gb ram.

I also have the shutdown problem that it will turn on back after off. i just turn off the powerswitch after it turn off. so this is mobo prob? or just wait until bios update?

acik84 said:
I also have the shutdown problem that it will turn on back after off. i just turn off the powerswitch after it turn off. so this is mobo prob? or just wait until bios update?

I guess I'm not alone then.. I'm thinking of building up another one, but I'll wait for the problem to be resolved by probably BIOS update.

I tried new BIOS version 1011 date May 6th but still has the on off problem. Should we ask Asus to fix this? or is it only happened on mac? I never tried windows.

wiraone said:
acik84 said:

I guess I'm not alone then.. I'm thinking of building up another one, but I'll wait for the problem to be resolved by probably BIOS update.

there's no wrong with the motherboard or BIOS version etc, i just installed the next version of osx after snow(can't type it here, it will be band), the shutdown problem is gone!

Hi there,

I got stuck at step 9. When the DVD started to reading MAC OS X Snow Leopard installation Disk, at start it worked fine, but suddenly the screen is grey and a notice flashed informing to restart the computer. Since there is no any other information showing up I am wondering what is the root cause of this problem... Bios setting? DVD is not burned right????

Please help me on this because I have tried quite some time. Thank you all guys in advance.

linan0827 said:
Hi there,

I got stuck at step 9. When the DVD started to reading MAC OS X Snow Leopard installation Disk, at start it worked fine, but suddenly the screen is grey and a notice flashed informing to restart the computer. Since there is no any other information showing up I am wondering what is the root cause of this problem... Bios setting? DVD is not burned right????

Please help me on this because I have tried quite some time. Thank you all guys in advance.

Hi, sorry I mixed the threads... The step 9 here I mean during installing MAC OS X Snow Leopard, after I boot the PC with iboot and then insterted the Snow Leopard DVD into the driver, after the rotating icon of MAC flashed about half a minute, then the screen is grey, as I mentioned above.

Anybody know what is the root cause... Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back