gtx 550Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone!

I tried to install Mountain Lion with unibeast, but I didn't manage to reach the installer because of a kernel panic that occurs directly after booting on my USB drive (see picture below). I tried with the following flags:
-x -v
GraphicsEnabler=no
PCIRootUID=0

Here is my PC build:

- Asus P8Z68-V GEN3
- Intel Core i7-2600k
- 2x4 go of RAM Corsair
- Nvidia GeForce gtx 550 ti

Thanks for helping :)

Attachments

• DSC_0525.jpg
    DSC_0525.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 511
Hi, I'm new here so don't consider me an expert.
I have seen on multiple occasions that Asus mobo and Nvidia GPUs require PCIRootUID to be changed.

I did my install on the pro version prior to getting a gtx 560, so it was on the integrated graphics and everything went smoothly. I plugged the 560 in and it seems to be working out of the box. So I would recommend pulling your graphics card and using the integrated graphics for the install.

Thank you for your help Jony5 but it's still doesn't work :(
I unplugged my graphic card and connected my screen to the motherboard but still the same error.. I don't think it's because of the graphic card..

I have seen in a post that the NVIDIA card might be an issue, first time you install, so you need to use the build in Intel graphics (you should have one), and after installation plug back your NVidia card.

I was lucky not to have this issue, but this might work (never tested though)

Good Luck

it seems to be your cpu causing the kernel panic, have you done any overclocking? maybe try to reset the BIOS to default and try to boot using -v -f flags

is this a fresh install of ML?

Thank you for you help Opty. I did what you said, everything went fine but then I got an error "bootcachecontrol unable to open /var/db/bootcache.playlist : 2 files are missing" then the screen went black and nothing happened..
Do you know what causes this ?
Thank you again for your help guys.

Thank you for you help Opty. I did what you said, everything went fine but then I got an error "bootcachecontrol unable to open /var/db/bootcache.playlist : 2 files are missing" then the screen went black and nothing happened..
Do you know what causes this ?
Thank you again for your help guys.
is this after the install first boot or booting off unibeast?
for nvidia cards you also need to use the PCIRootUID=0 flag as well

It's booting off unibeast..
Okay I will try to put PCIRootUID=0 in the flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back