1. iOS
Hey guys,

Here's my build:

GA-Z87X-UD5-TH mobo
4790k processor
2 x 8 gb 1867 RAM
Samsung 840 256gb EVO SSD for the OS install, 2tb hdd for home folder / data
EVGA 780 ti

Set everything to optimized defaults in BIOS, turned off vt-d, s'all good.

I managed to upgrade my Mavericks installation to Yosemite successfully via removing 1 stick of RAM, all my PCI card stuff, including GPU, and driving my monitor via integrated graphics. All good. It starts up, shuts down, suspends, everything's groovy, except of course I'm limited to 1080p.

Put my wifi card back in, tested it, works, great.
Put my Firewire card back in, tested it, works, great.

Put my 780 ti card in, plugged monitor into that port, turned off integrated graphics in the BIOS, set main display adaptor to pci-e port 1, restart, it gets halfway in the progress bar, then the screen goes black. I don't get a visible kernel panic, same thing if I use -v. Just straight to black. If I use GraphicsEnabler=Yes or GraphicsEnabler=No it just stalls on the apple logo.

I'm at wit's end. I tried installing the new web drivers from nvidia while on integrated graphics, but the installer detects that the card isn't in and says that my system isn't compatible and therefor won't update the driver. What on earth could my issue be? Is Mavericks just not compatible with this card, and I need a new one? What's the deal? :(

Thanks for any help or advice you can offer guys.

Set internal graphics as default and connect monitor to internal, leave the 780 in the system and boot. Install web drivers, then disable internal, of course connect to 780

Of course, it was staring me in the face. Thank you, I'll try that tonight and report back on the results.

YES! It works! Thank you ever so kindly.

One note: I had to add "nvda_drv=1" to my kernel flags in org.chameleon.Boot.plist but that's standard practice. I'd removed it earlier to fix the kernel panics when using internal graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back