Graphics
HD630
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. LC
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm trying to install clover and El Capitan on a second drive on my SandyBridge desktop custommac, but I can't get past a kernel panic that happens when the Unibeast installer tries to boot the OS X installer.

The (unibeast/El Cap) installer USB worked once to install El Capitan and Clover on my main boot drive. There is one difference this time though. I switched processors since the first installation. I upgraded an i3 2105 processor to a Sandy Bridge i5 2500K. After the swap there was a power management issue that caused a kernel panic on boot. I fixed that with multi beast on my boot drive.

How can I fix the Installer so it doesn't cause a kernel panic with this processor?

Attachments

• IMG_1155.jpg
    IMG_1155.jpg
    468.6 KB · Views: 108
I should add that the unibeast/ El Capitan installer works well enough to get me to the clover screen. It is only when it starts booting up the OS X installer that the panic occurs.

Attachments

• IMG_1157.jpg
    IMG_1157.jpg
    952.1 KB · Views: 97
I was reading the Big List of Solutions for El Capitan Install Problems. The following sections seems to be relevant to my situation:

If it's a panic in AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, try adding boot argument cpus=1 until you get through the install. This is very common for 2600K and similar Sandy Bridge CPUs. Alternately, use a proper SSDT.aml for your CPU. After install either get proper CPU power management working or install NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to /Library/Extensions

It seems that I need to insert the boot flag cpus=1, but I can't find any way to introduce any boot flags, except those from list's offered by the Clover boot loader screen.

Is this the fix that I need? And if so how do I introduce it?

Well, that didn't work. Adding the boot flag cpus=1 did not solve my problem. It only changed the error message to one that flashes by too quickly to get a look at.

I have a working installation of clover/El Capitan on another drive on this machine. Is there any way that I can clone it over to the other drive? I have the disc cloning software SuperDuper, although, I have read that it won't properly clone the Clover bootloader.

I think I have the answer to my own question. I could clone my working Clover/ El Capitan installation using SuperDuper and then run MultiBeast to install the Clover boot loader and associated files.

Or,

Could I do a clean install of El Capitan on the new drive with the Apple El Capitan installer and then fix it with MultiBeast from?

It worked!

I was able to clone my working Clover/ El Capitan installation to my new SSD. I used SuperDuper and then ran MultiBeast to install the Clover boot loader and associated files.

That's all good, but I still want to find a way to address the UniBeast installer issue. There must be a way to make a Unibeast/OS X installer that can play with my legacy equipment and my core i5 Sandy Bridge processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back