Graphics
HD 6850
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
I have been running a customac for last 5 years. Until recently my rig was Maverick. I updated the machine to El Capitan and since then things have been shaky. I saw another post that helped me stabilize to the point that my machine will boot with -f Kext-dev-mode.

Last week there was a power outage. Since then, nothing seems to be working. I am getting kernal panic and the boot sequence freezes with safe mode. I am not sure what else to do.

Boot drive is SSD. May data is stuck in a 3GB HDD.

I am wondering at this time if I should invest in updating my motherboard and CPU or just buy a mac mini and external HDD.

Please help!

Last week there was a power outage. Since then, nothing seems to be working.
Power fluctuations can affect the CMOS settings including ones that are not accessible through the BIOS setup.
Try resetting the CMOS settings, then make all of the adjustments that you made when you originally installed.
Also remove the power cord and then press and hold the On button for 30 seconds.

I think i may be experiencing the same problem...maybe P1LGRIM you can help me

Power fluctuations can affect the CMOS settings including ones that are not accessible through the BIOS setup.
Try resetting the CMOS settings, then make all of the adjustments that you made when you originally installed.
Also remove the power cord and then press and hold the On button for 30 seconds.
After trying for several days, I finally gave up. I have an older Yosemite USB. I just reformatted my boot disk and installed Yosemite and MultiBeast. The system seems to be working fine. I lost all my applications as I point my user to a different disk. I guess I will have to live with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back