Tried the S/L/E described.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    719.1 KB · Views: 112
Also getting kernel panic.

Can boot into recovery.

It worked for me at first but after a couple reboots went back to the same thing, tried re-doing it again and it's not working. Hmmmm.

After replacing your machine's S/L/E with that in Mac OS X Base System you still cannot boot?

It worked for me at first but after a couple reboots went back to the same thing, tried re-doing it again and it's not working. Hmmmm.

Did you install any additional kexts? Thus far I have only installed the audio patch. Everything else is working as expected, so I haven't cluttered my S/L/E.

I'll keep you posted on my machine. I typically do clean installs when a new release comes out, so I'm creating a boot disk right now. If I lose boot before I get around to wiping my machine, I'll let you know.

Did you install any additional kexts? Thus far I have only installed the audio patch. Everything else is working as expected, so I haven't cluttered my S/L/E.

I'll keep you posted on my machine. I typically do clean installs when a new release comes out, so I'm creating a boot disk right now. If I lose boot before I get around to wiping my machine, I'll let you know.

Yup, I installed the kexts from the 'El Capitan Post Install Tools', seems to have messed it up, I can't even get into the recovery partition now.

Eesh... Well, you may be able to delete the kexts it installed from the UEFI shell in clover. Do you know which ones it added? I can't remember if the shell gives "read only" errors if you try to delete stuff from S/L/E or not.

To access your drive, type fs0: in the shell and then ls to list the directory contents. If it doesn't look like the right drive, try fs1: fs2: etc. Again, it might not let you delete things with the rm command or rename them with the mv command, but it's worth a try.

Can boot into recovery.

Try booting to the clover boot loader deleting the gear and and find the check box that says drop all oem tables you will have to search around in there for it i can't remember where exactly it is

I just thought of this..

If recovery fails, that means your EFI kexts are to blame. My guess is the post install loaded your 10.11 directory with something that your machine didn't like. I know you can access the EFI partition from the UEFI shell, so I would check that out.

Can boot into recovery.

same here and have tried out every flag that can possibly caused the issue. it was all ok with yosemite

Can boot into recovery.

I'm having the same error on my previously fully working Yosemite hack :-X
I've tried safe mode, single user... nothing
I also hooked up the HDD to another Mac to take a look at the clover config an everything is as it should be...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back