Intel Core i7 8700 3.2 GHz
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 680; 2GB SC Edition
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone! i have recently built a custo mac following the parts to buy through the website it the resources section and purchased:

Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3P Motherboard
i7 3770K ivy bridge processor
8gb of ram 1333mhz
Nvidia GTX 550 Ti

and im currently running Windows 8 Pro and want to install OSX snow Leopard to install Mountain Lion.
the problem is every time i use iBoot, and yes i did download the neweset ivy bridge iBoot, i get a kernel panic, or i get a black screen with a bunch of text going thru and that eventually leads to a kernel panic. ive tried so many things! i tried -x, -s, -y, -v, cpus=1, pcirootuid=1, graphicsenabler=no, debug=0x144, debug 0x14e and other commands!

I think i have all the correct specs in order to install my Retail Version of Snow leopard i just don't know why i keep getting these errors someone please helpp!!!!!

Hello everyone! i have recently built a custo mac following the parts to buy through the website it the resources section and purchased:

Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3P Motherboard
i7 3770K ivy bridge processor
8gb of ram 1333mhz
Nvidia GTX 550 Ti

and im currently running Windows 8 Pro and want to install OSX snow Leopard to install Mountain Lion.
the problem is every time i use iBoot, and yes i did download the neweset ivy bridge iBoot, i get a kernel panic, or i get a black screen with a bunch of text going thru and that eventually leads to a kernel panic. ive tried so many things! i tried -x, -s, -y, -v, cpus=1, pcirootuid=1, graphicsenabler=no, debug=0x144, debug 0x14e and other commands!

I think i have all the correct specs in order to install my Retail Version of Snow leopard i just don't know why i keep getting these errors someone please helpp!!!!!

Nattias123

Your Motherboard and Your CPU are not compatable with the release version of SL from Apple - the issue is that the kernel is not tweeked for the changes in the CHipSet and the CPU that you are using never was never will as Apple has killed OSX all 10.6 development).

The Apple SL cannot be run "reliably" on this hadrdware -

TOnyMacX86 - Macman and others have but together a method for people that have a APPLE SL DVD to install the SL and get it to loginto the Apple App Store and purchase the ML file and make a UnitBeast Thumb Drive.

See this link
http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...x-10-6-snow-leopard-ivy-bridge-based-pcs.html

What you need is the iBoot For Ivy Bridge Cd.
This CD will be used for all bootups and for the install - whats needed it to install SL - the SL DVD - Install OSX combo update - create account log into the App store download have 8GB usb make Unitbeast thrumb drive - install ML onto this hardware.

Celebrate by buying a round of Root Beers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back