i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hiya folks,

I'm brand new to the hackintosh world, but set up a Mac Mini Deluxe (specs below) and had it all up & working for about a week. This morning during boot — and as far as I can tell I didn't actually make any changes to incite this incident — the attached image came up. (Photo of the screen.)

After this display, the computer restarts until it reaches this point again and the cycle goes & goes.

Here's my specs:

OS.....................Sierra 10.12.4
Motherboard.......Gigabyte GA-Z170N-WIFI
CPU...................Intel Core i7-6700K
Cooler................Zalman CNPS8000B
RAM...................Crucial Ballistix Sport LT (16GB)
SS Drive.............Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
PSU...................Corsair CS 550 Watt
Graphics........ ....EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SSC

Thoughts? Would love to sort this out without having to start from scratch, but will do if need be.

Thanks very much!

Attachments

• 20170526_135927.jpg
    20170526_135927.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 169
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

The problem is caused by the AppleIGB network kext that you installed - Remove it.
For your Ethernet interface you should use the IntelMausiEthernet.kext.

The problem is caused by the AppleIGB network kext that you installed - Remove it.
For your Ethernet interface you should use the IntelMausiEthernet.kext.

P1LGRIM,

This worked when you responded in May, so thank you! Things have been running smoothly in the interim, and I haven't attempted to do any updates, but I've also only been using the computer rarely. Recently on a boot the same kernel panic came up and the computer wouldn't boot. It's an identical error to what I posted above.

However, when I attempt to follow my same processes to delete the AppleIGB .kext, I'm told it doesn't exist in /System/Library/Extensions ...which I believe because I deleted it.

My question is, why is the AppleIGB kext still showing up in the kernel panic if it has been deleted?

Thank you immensely,
S

P1LGRIM,

This worked when you responded in May, so thank you! Things have been running smoothly in the interim, and I haven't attempted to do any updates, but I've also only been using the computer rarely. Recently on a boot the same kernel panic came up and the computer wouldn't boot. It's an identical error to what I posted above.

However, when I attempt to follow my same processes to delete the AppleIGB .kext, I'm told it doesn't exist in /System/Library/Extensions ...which I believe because I deleted it.

My question is, why is the AppleIGB kext still showing up in the kernel panic if it has been deleted?

Thank you immensely,
S
Check /Library/Extensions too (not just /System/Library/Extensions).
Check your EFI partition in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.
Check that you have not left a USB flash drive inserted.

Last edited:
Check /Library/Extensions too (not just /System/Library/Extensions).
Check your EFI partition in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.
Check that you have not left a USB flash drive inserted.

This worked! Up & running again. (It was in /Library/Extensions).

Much thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back