GTX 310
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys,

i'm trying to install Yosemite 10.10 on my old Dell Vostro 430. but when i tried to boot from my usb stick i got a error after a few seconds.

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff800041e80a): Kernel trap at 0xffffff8000040e70d,

my system specs are
- intel core i7-860
- Dell 054KM3 Motherboard
- 4gig DDR3
- geforce gtx 310 GPU
- 1TB seagate HDD

i tried verbose mode but it stops at the same place, i also tried npci=0x3000, cpus=1, PCIRootUID=1

Your help will be appreciated

Please read the rules and complete the profile information for you system so that it appears in the left side bar below you used ID. This way people can respond without having to refer back to the first post.

And I might point out that you can find answers to many questions by using the search function before asking your question in a posting.

As you will see in the results from a search is that many have tried and found problems with the Dell system. This is not uncommon with Dell systems as the BIOS is intended for Dell service support and not very friendly to OS X hacking. It maybe possible. You most likely would have a better experience attempting to install and run Snow Leopard and you may find it near impossible to use the newer versions of OS X.

Good modding,
neil

ok i will change it right away! and thanks i will look for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back