Motherboard
Asus P8Z77-V LX2
CPU
i5 3570k
Graphics
nVidia GeForce GTX 960
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
(SOLVED) Kernel Panic (cpu 0 caller) and reboot with El Capitan on ASUS P8Z77-V LX2

Hi guys,

I have this kernel panic trying to install El Capitan via USB on a desktop with:

ASUS P8Z77-V LX2
4gb RAM (2x2gb) Kingston DDR3
Intel Pentium G840
ATI HD4650

I've tried several options in Unibeast (with/without ATI kext injection, always with UEFI bios) and in Clover bootloader (following this page: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...st-solutions-el-capitan-install-problems.html), but unfortunately what I get is cpu 0 caller with reboot.
I'd like to try with the integrated graphic to see if it can fix this installation issue.

Currently I run without problems Yosemite on it.

What should i try to solve the problem?

Thanks in advance for the reply.

DSC_0670.jpg

As your screenshot, it seems you're using MacPro5,1 system definition.

If I remember correctly, if you want to use the MacPro5,1 SMBIOS, you must delete AppleTyMCEDriver.kext ​from /System/Library/Extensions. Otherwise, your Hack won't be able to boot.

You have the choice to change your System Definition instead.

Thanks in advance for the reply!

I didn't change nothing in Clover bootloader options while trying to install El Capitan on my system. I believe I should change definition system in the Clover options, right?

I have this problem while running installation process. I can't get the logo boot process being working.

I solved using a Clover installation guide from another forum (is it possible to post external links?).

Now I have only one issue: ATI HD4650 is not working using the ATI Clover injection. I believe I can't use Intel HD 2000 included in the CPU.

Is there any kext should I use to make it work?

EDIT: Solved fo HD4650. El Capitan has in /S/L/E the two kext needed for my ATI (amd4600controller and atix2000, or something like that). I had to modify the ID into these two files to match with the one of my card. After a reboot, it worked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back