RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
From time to to time, I am getting a random kernel panic that leaves very little information do to fact that kernel panic debug always freezes before providing much useful information. All I really get is

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff80002dea29 "Double fault at 0xffffff8002f3506, register:\n"

BSD Process name corresponding to current thread: coreaudiod
Boot Args: boot-uuid-A8686DBD-F794-3FCD-AC10-8F41F6C7436 rd=*uuid -v

Since KPs don't seem to dump on hackintosh (it's my first i guess that's normal?), That's about all I have via handwriting it down.

I am using toleda HDA driver 898 installed via multibeast without SSDT. Audio works fine. However, these random kernel panics from time to time are a mystery since I really can't know for sure if I should be blaming the HDA driver or something else.

Here is boot config.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string> -v</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>
Standard 10.9 install with only modifications being HDA audio kexts, machine 3,1, the setup you see above, and chimera 2.2.1.
Latest BIOS (F7) for board.

I did a clean install of entire OS. fresh format and all. No 3rd party software or mods besides fakesmc, toleda 898, bootloader.

KPs also happen in IOAudio

in fact, it looks VERY similar to this
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4433040

only, his was caused by 3rd party software. I do not have any, besides the audio injection hack.

One thing that occured to me though is he also had a logitech audio device. So do I. USB audio in logitech webcam. I just unplugged this and am going to see if it still keeps KPing. If not. then I may have identified a bug between toleda audio injection and logitech USB audio.

I have been fighting this panic, (it's either coreaudiod or IOAudio) for weeks. I'm HOPING it's webcam cause that's an easy solution. I formatted hard drive last night and installed super clean OS, using as little patching and modding as possible. I use 2 simple stereo speakers plugged into the green jack. sound set to built in. KP eventually happens from just itunes. In fact, I don't think i've ever seen the KP when it wasn't from itunes playing music (while multi tasking generally). Console.app logs nothing. KP logs aren't generated so it makes it difficult to do anything since there is no kext dump or useful backtrace beyond the knowing basically that it's audio related. I will continue to test and retest and experiment until I find out what's going on though. I know of 2 others with same hardware that of course have no issues with your injections, so it's a mystery. I'm not sure how practically I can test it with no sound though. If panic goes away from disconnecting webcam, I'll then reconnect it and remove the HDA modifications and play itunes pretending i can hear it for a couple days and see with just USB cam.

I do know i used this cam with mac pro without issue on 10.9.

If you got any other crazy ideas, I'll be happy to try em all. :)

It very well just be a bug in 10.9 too. I noticed 10.9.1 later seeds started breaking HDA (replacing it with newer?).

Yes. It's a straight kernel panic, with no dump of course cause hackintosh. :\. backtrace is also not complete so i can't write much more down than what I got. Only messages in console leading up to it are usual events. Nothing in any log that shows anything unusual prior. I'm just kind of doing best stress test i can with webcam unplugged. It also occurred to me that webcam was also plugged into an apple cinema display hub as well. I unplugged that as well for good measure. If no kernel panic for a couple days, i'll plug cam back in, but into back ports instead of a hub. if panic returns, I'll try with cam plugged in and apples unmodded HDA. Since panic has been random to begin with (may go 1-2 days without, maybe only 1-2 hours). it may take me a while to return with anything definitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back