Contribute
Register

Kernel Panic. Can't even install 10.9.2 on first build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how did it go?

I installed it and am able to boot into it without any problems. I'm not entirely sure I did everything right in Multibeast, as I still have no sound; I do have working bluetooth and sleep without a problem. Also, the OS recognizes all 32 gigs of ram (at the right clock speed) and the GTX770.

I won't be able to put any work into it tomorrow, but I've been reading up on the whole DSDT process and that's probably what I'll be trying to do (and understand) in the next few days.

Something did happen when I put the 770 back I left the HDMI cord connected to the motherboard; the image went all funky (flashes, artifacts, swipes, etc.). I didn't restart it or anything, just unplugged it and plugged it back in the GPU. That seemed to do it.

I think I have like a million things to test and do on it, but I'm ecstatic about having put it together and installing Mavs :thumbup:.

So, I'll read up on all things DSDT and as many post guides as I can find. Wish me luck, fellas!
I'll keep you posted.
Cheers!

I installed it and am able to boot into it without any problems. I'm not entirely sure I did everything right in Multibeast, as I still have no sound; I do have working bluetooth and sleep without a problem. Also, the OS recognizes all 32 gigs of ram (at the right clock speed) and the GTX770.

I won't be able to put any work into it tomorrow, but I've been reading up on the whole DSDT process and that's probably what I'll be trying to do (and understand) in the next few days.

Something did happen when I put the 770 back I left the HDMI cord connected to the motherboard; the image went all funky (flashes, artifacts, swipes, etc.). I didn't restart it or anything, just unplugged it and plugged it back in the GPU. That seemed to do it.

I think I have like a million things to test and do on it, but I'm ecstatic about having put it together and installing Mavs :thumbup:.

So, I'll read up on all things DSDT and as many post guides as I can find. Wish me luck, fellas!
I'll keep you posted.
Cheers!

Sounds promising :)

Don't rush things; take your time and do your research. You are well on your way though. Sound is simply a matter of a kext and a properly configured DSDT to give you full HDMI. Then you can do your optional stuff like trim if required etc.

:thumbup:

So... I think messed things up in there... So I started over with a new install.

I followed [Updated] wildwillow's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC - i7-4770K - HD4600+GT 64, ran into some trouble (boot0 error included), and was finally able to set up my two monitors, one using the HD4600 and the other the GTX770 (had to use maxmem=4096 to install). Credits and big thanks to wildwillow. I'll be thanking him soon on said guide's thread.

It looks like the only thing left to address is the lack of HDMI Audio. Having looked at wildwillow's and Toleda's guides, I'm quite lost and seriously considering just letting it stay as it is; I'll be OK with my headphones plugged into the back of the case for now. I'll be using my Hackintosh mostly to edit and color correct HD video, so the HDMI Audio would definitely be a welcome feature, but I just can't seem to understand those guides.

I'll try to do some more work on it after getting some sleep.
Cheers.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by dlght
graphicsenabler=no -x maxmem=4096 This will solve your problem

Hey yeah that worked for me. I have two Memory Dimm Sticks installed one being 2048 KB so I used

graphicsenabler=no -x maxmem=2048

Last edited by a moderator:
having the exact same problem,
but i can't find where to change that setting.
sorry guys newb here.. ;/

oh nope nvm.. managed to input that and now I'm in the setup page :D

having the exact same problem,
but i can't find where to change that setting.
sorry guys newb here.. ;/

At the splash screen where you see the TMX86 Theme with the choices for unibeast
drive or the install drive. Just start typing whatever boot flag you need. When
done hit enter and it should get you to the installer.

Great! Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back