EVGA GeForce GTX 960
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, this is not my first hackintosh build but I have been dealing with problems since I installed Yosemite, and when I try to install Yosemite on a new HTPC build it crashes with a kernel panic...I have looked around the forums and saw other people with similar problems and I tried the following with the same result.

The mobo I am using is a Gigabyte H97N-WiFi mini-ITX with an i3 and 4GB of RAM. I went into the BIOS settings and loaded the optimized settings and then disabled Vt-D. On the Chimera boot prompt I tried the following:
  1. GraphicsEnabler=No -x maxmem=4096
    IMG_0879.JPG
  2. PCIRootUID=1 -x GraphicsEnabler=Yes npci=0x3000
    IMG_0880.JPG
  3. No boot flags
    IMG_0878.JPG

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi, this is not my first hackintosh build but I have been dealing with problems since I installed Yosemite, and when I try to install Yosemite on a new HTPC build it crashes with a kernel panic...I have looked around the forums and saw other people with similar problems and I tried the following with the same result.

The mobo I am using is a Gigabyte H97N-WiFi mini-ITX with an i3 and 4GB of RAM. I went into the BIOS settings and loaded the optimized settings and then disabled Vt-D. On the Chimera boot prompt I tried the following:
  1. GraphicsEnabler=No -x maxmem=4096
    View attachment 138427
  2. PCIRootUID=1 -x GraphicsEnabler=Yes npci=0x3000
    View attachment 138428
  3. No boot flags
    View attachment 138429

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Okay try booting using this:

-v -x -no-zp

And you should get to the installer.

Good modding,
neil

Thank you so much that worked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back