Contribute
Register

Kernel panic Booting Sierra from flash drive on Lenovo Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting closer (I hope). I can't get the alternative to mini stolen patch to boot I get a kernel panic every time. But I can get mini stolen patch to work using a different ig platform I'd (I used 0x19160001) but it hangs with the bar almost full and the spinning rainbow wheel shows up. I will attach where it hangs in verbose. I have tried -x it won't boot the installer in safe mode. Also note I have tried it with the correct ig platform id 0x19160000 this way I still get the kernel panic.

Getting closer (I hope). I can't get the alternative to mini stolen patch to boot I get a kernel panic every time. But I can get mini stolen patch to work using a different ig platform I'd (I used 0x19160001) but it hangs with the bar almost full and the spinning rainbow wheel shows up. I will attach where it hangs in verbose. I have tried -x it won't boot the installer in safe mode. Also note I have tried it with the correct ig platform id 0x19160000 this way I still get the kernel panic. Also I have been setting the ig platform id in clover each time I boot so it will be set to 0x19160000 in the config.plist.

Attachments

• 20170811_191907.jpg
    20170811_191907.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 82
  • EFI.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 89
  • 20170811_191951.jpg
    20170811_191951.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 92
Getting closer (I hope). I can't get the alternative to mini stolen patch to boot I get a kernel panic every time. But I can get mini stolen patch to work using a different ig platform I'd (I used 0x19160001) but it hangs with the bar almost full and the spinning rainbow wheel shows up. I will attach where it hangs in verbose. I have tried -x it won't boot the installer in safe mode. Also note I have tried it with the correct ig platform id 0x19160000 this way I still get the kernel panic.

minStolen patch not needed.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Read the section regarding DVMT-prealloc carefully.

minStolen patch not needed.
Okay so using the alternative to the ministolensize patch do i still need to do this?
Also, once you enable the patch, you still may have panic... It is because Clover cannot patch a kext that loads outside of kernel cache, and these graphics kexts may not be in cache. To work around this problem, use an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678). DO NOT use a bogus FakeID, as that will defeat the purpose. Once you are able to boot with the invalid ig-platform-id, rebuild cache, then boot normally with your intended ig-platform-id.
Also note i am trying to boot into the installer, i have not gotten sierra installed yet.
Also what SMBIOS would you suggest for my laptop it is currently set to MacBook Air 6,2

Attachments

• 20170811_191951-.jpg
    20170811_191951-.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 51
  • EFI.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 67
Okay so using the alternative to the ministolensize patch do i still need to do this?

What do you mean by "this"?

Also note i am trying to boot into the installer, i have not gotten sierra installed yet.

If you can't set DVMT-prealloc properly (eg. dependent on patching), then you must use an invalid ig-platform-id (as is mentioned in the guide).

Also what SMBIOS would you suggest for my laptop it is currently set to MacBook Air 6,2

There are other possibilities.
You can look at everymac.com to see specs for real Macs.
MacBookAir6,2 will work though.

Booting the installer using the "alternative to the ministolensize patch" and a invalid ig-platform-id (not a bogus fake id) of 0x12345678 it still hangs here (see screen shot of verbose output) i have a couple of questions
227970-d19604f102274a46cb62fa8b4d35256e.jpg

1. Why does it say "Windows is hibernated" in the verbose? Is this why it is hanging?
2. What does "IOGraphics flags 0x43" (found in the verbose) Mean? Is this a problem?
3. What does "busy timeout[0]" (found in the verbose) mean?
I see in your Laptops that you have gotten mac to run on an i3 before so my i3-6100u should work "Laptops: #1: HP ProBook 4530s XU015UT, i3-2310m, AR5B195, BIOS F.60: 10.12.5/10.6.8/Win10;
Note i am trying to install 10.12.5 not 10.12.6 i don't know if 10.12.6 would be better.
P.S. What i meant by "this" was an invalid ig-platform-id.

Attachments

• 20170811_191951-.jpg
    20170811_191951-.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 60
  • EFI.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 79
Booting the installer using the "alternative to the ministolensize patch" and a invalid ig-platform-id (not a bogus fake id) of 0x12345678 it still hangs here (see screen shot of verbose output) i have a couple of questions
227970-d19604f102274a46cb62fa8b4d35256e.jpg

1. Why does it say "Windows is hibernated" in the verbose? Is this why it is hanging?
2. What does "IOGraphics flags 0x43" (found in the verbose) Mean? Is this a problem?
3. What does "busy timeout[0]" (found in the verbose) mean?
I see in your Laptops that you have gotten mac to run on an i3 before so my i3-6100u should work "Laptops: #1: HP ProBook 4530s XU015UT, i3-2310m, AR5B195, BIOS F.60: 10.12.5/10.6.8/Win10;
Note i am trying to install 10.12.5 not 10.12.6 i don't know if 10.12.6 would be better.
P.S. What i meant by "this" was an invalid ig-platform-id.

Your EFI/Clover/kexts/Other is wrong.
FakeSMC.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext were not copied correctly.
Look at them carefully in Finder and you'll find they are 0 bytes.

Ohh that would do it! i re downloaded them and now they are around 300kb. will test it in a bit and get back to you. you know what else i am trying to get sierra 10.12.5 and i some how forgot lilu and intelgraphicsfixup, i placed them in there to!

So I finally have Mac OS installed on my laptop, I ended up doing high Sierra instead of Sierra. But I have no sound it shows that there is no output device, I can't change my screen brightness, if I leave it sit for a while usb devices randomly eject, and the windows key on my keyboard is not being mapped as the command key. I think I have all the right kexts to fix these problems, but I have been having problems getting kexts to load. I have been using command prompt to rebuild kext cache and then restarting, but it hasn't been working. I have attached my Library/Extensions/ folder and the output of rebuilding kextcache. I am on 10.13.4 I don't know if maybe my kexts are to old for it, I a pretty sure I got the latest version of all the kexts.

Attachments

• Extensions.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 47
  • Terminal Rebuilding Kextcache.txt
    17.2 KB · Views: 185
  • About Computer.png
    About Computer.png
    98.2 KB · Views: 54
  • No Audio.png
    No Audio.png
    38.3 KB · Views: 64
So I finally have Mac OS installed on my laptop, I ended up doing high Sierra instead of Sierra. But I have no sound it shows that there is no output device, I can't change my screen brightness, if I leave it sit for a while usb devices randomly eject, and the windows key on my keyboard is not being mapped as the command key. I think I have all the right kexts to fix these problems, but I have been having problems getting kexts to load. I have been using command prompt to rebuild kext cache and then restarting, but it hasn't been working. I have attached my Library/Extensions/ folder and the output of rebuilding kextcache. I am on 10.13.4 I don't know if maybe my kexts are to old for it, I a pretty sure I got the latest version of all the kexts.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Also: You should open a separate thread in the appropriate forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back