Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
[solved] Kernel Panic at UniBeast installer, Mavericks+Haswell

Hello, very new to this and failing at the first hurdle with a kernel panic "kernel trap" just when trying to boot the UniBeast installer from a USB flash drive. I'm using a Haswell 4770 with a Gigabyte H87-HD3 motherboard. There is an Nvidia GTX 750 Ti in the PCI-X slot, but I've connected the screen to the integrated graphics.
I removed one stick of RAM so that there's only 4GB (Crucial 1600MHz).
Vt-d is disabled.
Tried with HDMI and VGA, no difference.
Tried dart=0 and GraphicsEnabler=No, same problem.
With no boot flags (except -v), I can get as far as the following line without a kernel panic:
Code:
[FONT=Helvetica Neue][IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed[/FONT]

But then it hangs
, as described in this post.

Any further advice?

kernelpanic.jpg

Remove the GTX 750 Ti card from the motherboard (do this only with the machine power off) This card is not supported in OS X at this time.

In the UEFI, change the GPU settings for onboard integrated graphics and 64mb memory. Connect to display using DVI-D, HDMI or DisplayPort connections only - do NOT use VGA 15 pin D-Sub.

Change UEFI boot order to boot USB flash drive first (P0)

Adrian B

Thanks for your advice, although I don't think it was the graphics card causing the problem. I managed to avoid the kernel panic using the
Code:
cpus=1
boot flag. I installed the system, ran MultiBeast then put my other stick of RAM and graphics card back in, and the system now boots successfully without special boot flags :)

Remove the GTX 750 Ti card from the motherboard (do this only with the machine power off) This card is not supported in OS X at this time.

In the UEFI, change the GPU settings for onboard integrated graphics and 64mb memory. Connect to display using DVI-D, HDMI or DisplayPort connections only - do NOT use VGA 15 pin D-Sub.

Change UEFI boot order to boot USB flash drive first (P0)

Adrian B

Can using a VGA monitor during the launch of unibeast cause a kernel panic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back