i7-8700K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Help!

My Hackintosh was running Mojave more or less smoothly. My old monitor bit the dust so I got a new one, and while I was at it I got a new WIFI card as the previous one wouldn't work.

I ran OK at first, then it stopped booting and I get a kernel panic (see photos).

I can't even boot using my installation thumb drive, but I CAN boot if I use said drive's boot loader, then select the clone of my main drive to boot OS X. My thought was that I'd copy this clone's config.plist and overwrite the one on my main drive and that would fix it. But the clone drive evidently didn't clone the Clover folder in the EFI disk?

The above should give you an idea of my relative knowledge and how to talk to me :)

I would be very grateful for any help in getting my system running again!

Here's what I got:
- MP: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO Socket 1151/Z390 DDR4
- Processor: Intel Core i7
- GPU: Radeon RX 580

Attachments

• verbose.jpg
    verbose.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 413
Last edited:
The screen image you posted above contains two sections with issues:

ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed (\_SB_PR00) - relates to the CPU SSDT-PLUG.aml.

Screenshot 2021-09-16 at 21.39.44.png

Are you sure your system uses PR00 as the device id for the 1st CPU thread.

There is also a (_DSM) Namespace lookup failure, could be related to the PR00 issue.

I assume you are injecting AirportBrcmFixup.kext for your new WiFi card. Can you confirm which card you are using, presumably it is a Broadcom card.

You are force loading AirPortBrcm4331.kext as the driver for your WiFi card by using the brcmfx-driver=3 boot argument.

Screenshot 2021-09-16 at 21.45.14.png

If you have a WiFi card from the Broadcom BCM94360 family, then this is the wrong driver to use. You should be using 1 - AirPortBrcm4360 or 2-AirPortBrcmNIC.

You should not be using the ACPI FixAirport=true option in your config.plist.

A number of the essential kexts you are using are out of date (old) by current standards.
Screenshot 2021-09-16 at 21.40.07.png

AppleALC.kext, WhateverGreen.kext and Lilu.kext could all do with being updated.

You should not be using NullCPUPowerManagement.kext with your Coffee Lake (CFL) CPU. As CPU power management can simply be enabled in Clover with the PluginType=true option and the correct SSDT-PLUG.aml.

You should not need to use GraphicsDMTFixup.kext when using WhateverGreen.kext.

You shouldn't have attached a copy of your config.plist while it contains the Serial Number, Board Serial Number/MLB, ROM and SmUUID. I would recommend you generate a new Mac mini SMBIOS for your system otherwise you could see someone else using/stealing your setup and this causing a clash with the Apple Servers for Messages/iMessage and iCloud etc.

Thanks for looking into this. I'll try my best to make these changes now. I didn't even know kexts needed updating !

I was using a TP-Link Archer T6E but I couldn't get my system to recognise it. I thought I'd try a different one so I went with one I found on amazon. Indeed it belongs to the from the Broadcom BCM94360 family.

I've removed my config.plist from the original post.

The screen image you posted above contains two sections with issues:

ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed (\_SB_PR00) - relates to the CPU SSDT-PLUG.aml.

View attachment 529091

Are you sure your system uses PR00 as the device id for the 1st CPU thread.

There is also a (_DSM) Namespace lookup failure, could be related to the PR00 issue.
I've read this, slowly, many times, but I don't know what any of it means.

I assume you are injecting AirportBrcmFixup.kext for your new WiFi card. Can you confirm which card you are using, presumably it is a Broadcom card.

You are force loading AirPortBrcm4331.kext as the driver for your WiFi card by using the brcmfx-driver=3 boot argument.

View attachment 529093

If you have a WiFi card from the Broadcom BCM94360 family, then this is the wrong driver to use. You should be using 1 - AirPortBrcm4360 or 2-AirPortBrcmNIC.

You should not be using the ACPI FixAirport=true option in your config.plist.
I think I've fixed this

A number of the essential kexts you are using are out of date (old) by current standards.
View attachment 529092

AppleALC.kext, WhateverGreen.kext and Lilu.kext could all do with being updated.

You should not be using NullCPUPowerManagement.kext with your Coffee Lake (CFL) CPU. As CPU power management can simply be enabled in Clover with the PluginType=true option and the correct SSDT-PLUG.aml.

You should not need to use GraphicsDMTFixup.kext when using WhateverGreen.kext.

You shouldn't have attached a copy of your config.plist while it contains the Serial Number, Board Serial Number/MLB, ROM and SmUUID. I would recommend you generate a new Mac mini SMBIOS for your system otherwise you could see someone else using/stealing your setup and this causing a clash with the Apple Servers for Messages/iMessage and iCloud etc.
As above, it's news to me that kexts need updating, I think I've managed to install new kexts but I'm not sure.

What I meant by this is that you should be using an SSDT-Plug.aml ACPI table with your Coffee Lake setup to enable CPU power Management.

This ACPI table should be within the /CLOVER/ACPI/Patched folder. It should be accompanied by these other SSDT tables:

Screenshot 2021-09-17 at 00.03.21.png

A copy of the four SSDT's are attached in the Zip folder below.

Installing kexts or updating them in your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder is as simple as dragging and dropping the kexts to the Other folder. If a copy of the kext already exists in the folder the system should ask if you want to Replace the existing kext, this is what you need to select.

If you are installing the kexts anywhere else, such as /Library/Extensions or /System/Library/Extensions folder I would recommend you have a read of this guide - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...an-sierra-high-sierra-mojave-catalina.268964/

Attachments

• CFL-SSDTs.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 69

What I meant by this is that you should be using an SSDT-Plug.aml ACPI table with your Coffee Lake setup to enable CPU power Management.

This ACPI table should be within the /CLOVER/ACPI/Patched folder. It should be accompanied by these other SSDT tables:

View attachment 529099

A copy of the four SSDT's are attached in the Zip folder below.

Installing kexts or updating them in your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder is as simple as dragging and dropping the kexts to the Other folder. If a copy of the kext already exists in the folder the system should ask if you want to Replace the existing kext, this is what you need to select.

If you are installing the kexts anywhere else, such as /Library/Extensions or /System/Library/Extensions folder I would recommend you have a read of this guide - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...an-sierra-high-sierra-mojave-catalina.268964/
thanks so much for your help this far. I copied all of those into the patched folder (there were only 3 when you said there were 4? idk if that matters).

I'm still getting a kernen panic (see photo, I also don't know why the resolution is so poor). Just a reminder that I'm only able to boot onto the drive which is a clone of my main drive, that seems to not have its own EFI? I'm very confused.

Attachments

• IMG_6133.jpg
    IMG_6133.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 87
Yes, it matters, I failed to add one of the SSDT's you need. SSDT-PLUG.aml, which is attached below.

Add this SSDT to your setup. See what difference it makes.

Attachments

• SSDT-PLUG.aml.zip
    972 bytes · Views: 66
Thanks! Getting the exact same kernel panic as above

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back