Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Kernel panic and shutdown on boot with GTX 1060 High Sierra 10.13.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
i7
Graphics
GTX 1060
I've been scouring these forums for a while now, but have not been able to figure this out.

I previously was running El Capitan based off Stork's Thunderbolt Build. About a year ago I bought this GTX 1060, but it seemed really buggy with the drivers at the time so I shelved it and stuck with integrated graphics. Decided to upgrade to High Sierra based on Stork's instructions in this post successfully and figured I'd give the graphics card another go. I have been completely striking out.

I installed NVIDIA driver 387.10.10.10.40.105
I have EmuVariableUefi installed in EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI. I think I have tried OsxAptioFixDrv, OsxAptioFix2Drv, and OsxAptioFix3Drv at different points in the same directory. "NVIDIA Web Driver" seems to stay selected.
I have tried installing Lilu, LiluFriend, and NvidiaGraphicsFixup in /Library/Extensions
I disabled Integrated graphics, Set PEG as default
I have tried with both HDMI and DVI

At every step, MacOS starts to boot, gets about 2/3rds to 3/4 loading and then the computer shuts down.

Clover config attached. It has nv_disable=1, but I do remove that every time I try to boot with the GTX 1060.

Any ideas would be much appreciated! Cheers!

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.1 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Figured it out. it was a conflict with some kexts that had been installed previously. Ended up doing a clean install of high sierra and got it working.

I got it technically working, but the performance is awful! Something is still not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back