Contribute
Register

Kernel Panic after upgrading to 8gb help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel NUC DC3217IYE
CPU
i5-8400,
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi guys,

This is fantastic, I am writing this on my newly built MacOSx box, the guides provided by all of you guys and tonymacx86 of course.

My computer is so fast its unreal.

I have managed to get all working great in OSx Lion 10.7.2 using tonymacx86 guide... had to re-run Multi-Beast because I lost network but re-ran it and it works great.

My only problem now is that I can't seem to get the installation to accept anything more than 8gb, it crashes before it gets to boot with a Kernel Panic.

Has anyone used similar hardware to mine and managed to get it to accept more than 4gb, I would suspect that Windows 7 will accept it but I haven't tested with that yet.

Any help you guys can provide would be greatly received.

Yours

JT

Have you swapped your memory around to see if the new memory is good? Sounds like a bad stick of ram.

Yeah dude it sounds like bad memory... try this:

-Take out the 4GB that you had in there originally.

-Put in one stick of the new memory.

-Boot up see if you get a panic.

-Repeat with other stick of memory.

Hi

I am actually running on the other stick of memory right now, all seems fine... that was my first thought that I could have gotten a bad stick.

Any other ideas guys?

Thanks
J

Strange!!! Darn system... I booted with 8Gb and got the Kernel Panic as described earlier but thought I would just give it a try by pressing the reset button, and all of a sudden it decided it wanted to boot to Lion.

Now my old iMac has died... it must have known it was becoming surplus to requirements. :lol:

Thank you all for checking this post out and to those that replied.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-10-14 at 3.54.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-10-14 at 3.54.48 PM.png
    824.1 KB · Views: 141
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back