Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI
CPU
i7-7700k (Delidded oc to 5ghz)
Graphics
GTX 1060 (Asus-Dual-06G)
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So after updating to 10.12.6 I had a kernel panic that was quickly resolved after removing the "HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_5.kext" and "IONVMeFamily.kext" files. Upon trying to reinstall those kexts and to reactive my Samsung 960 NVMe SSD I got hit with another kernel panic and removing those kexts has not resolved the issue. I may have accidentally removed another kext while trying to get the two NVMe related ones removed.

To be honest, I don't remember the exact procedure I used to activate the NVMe drive (which contains my Win 10 Partition. Mac is on a Samsung 850 m.2 SSD) but I see that the version of Mac that it is compatible with is in the file name.

I have full access to the Mac File System within Windows but cannot boot into MacOS without getting hit with a kernel panic. attached is a photo of the error I am getting. I do not know exactly what I am doing with this but it seems to me that MacOS is having an issue with AHCI support on the boot partition or with a kext related to that. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_18382.jpg
    IMG_18382.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 372
So after updating to 10.12.6 I had a kernel panic that was quickly resolved after removing the "HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_5.kext" and "IONVMeFamily.kext" files. Upon trying to reinstall those kexts and to reactive my Samsung 960 NVMe SSD I got hit with another kernel panic and removing those kexts has not resolved the issue. I may have accidentally removed another kext while trying to get the two NVMe related ones removed.

To be honest, I don't remember the exact procedure I used to activate the NVMe drive (which contains my Win 10 Partition. Mac is on a Samsung 850 m.2 SSD) but I see that the version of Mac that it is compatible with is in the file name.

I have full access to the Mac File System within Windows but cannot boot into MacOS without getting hit with a kernel panic. attached is a photo of the error I am getting. I do not know exactly what I am doing with this but it seems to me that MacOS is having an issue with AHCI support on the boot partition or with a kext related to that. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

See here for correct NVMe procedures:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-ionvmefamily-using-class-code-spoof.210316/

thanks for the heads up. I'll gladly go through those steps again once I get back into MacOS. Right now I can't boot because of this kernel panic. What is the procedure for resolving the kernel panic because from what i can garner from the error message, the issue isnt related to NVMe Kext. in fact the MacOS partition is on a separate, standard SSD (a Samsung 850 evo m.2 drive)

thanks for the heads up. I'll gladly go through those steps again once I get back into MacOS. Right now I can't boot because of this kernel panic. What is the procedure for resolving the kernel panic because from what i can garner from the error message, the issue isnt related to NVMe Kext. in fact the MacOS partition is on a separate, standard SSD (a Samsung 850 evo m.2 drive)

You cannot have both IONVMeFamily.kext and HackrNVMeFamily present if you don't use the class-code spoof.
My suggestion:
- delete HackrNVMeFamily (because it is not correct for class-code spoof anyway)
- implement class-code spoof

You can delete the kext from Terminal within the macOS installer.

Thanks for your help RehabMan, but I want to clarify that I am having difficulty booting into the operating system due to a kernel panic on the "IOACHIBlockStorage.kext" file. At least, that's what I believe the problem is.

I had gotten the NVMe drive (which contains my windows 10 partition only) working before upgrading 10.12.5 to 10.12.6.

Immediately after the update to 10.12.6, I had a kernel panic in relation to those kexts, which was resolved when they were removed. Then, after upgrading to 10.12.6 I wanted to get my NVMe drive working again, as I was about to buy paragons NTFS software, but when I reattempted to install those kexts for MacOS to recognize the drive with Windows 10 (a Samsung 960 EVO).
But when I restarted, after just recopying the NVMe kexts to S/L/E/ I couldn't boot back into mac os (which has its own SSD, a m.2 850 evo). I need help deciphering the Kernel Panic and once done, I am certainly going to follow your instructions again for properly preparing the HackerNVMe kexts with the proper spoof in place. I think I see my error in that I just recopied the kext that was working with 10.12.5 (thus the 10.12.5 in the kexts file name). I think I may have deleted a vital Kext for AHCI while attempting to remove the two NVMe related kexts. (Note: they were removed by accessing the HFS file system in Windows 10 which has HFS support through a separate Paragon Software for Win10)

I think I am missing a vital kext or if not that, then I am totally lost and may just have to reinstall Sierra and go through the process of getting MacOS back up and running.

I would like to avoid that if possible, but I do have backups of the essential kexts and Clover Config for my hackintosh. Thanks again for your hard work. I currently have a machine that smashes apples offering for one-third the price. I mean how many iMac's are running at 5ghz with a GTX 1060? In addition to a great machine that is 100% functioning, it was incredibly easy to get most of this stuff running, there's always research involved, but it's so much easier than the old days with Core2Duo's and Snow Leopard. I've been around the forum for years, mostly just reading, but I have learned a ton and much appreciate all you guys have made within this community.

Thanks for your help RehabMan, but I want to clarify that I am having difficulty booting into the operating system due to a kernel panic on the "IOACHIBlockStorage.kext" file. At least, that's what I believe the problem is.

As I wrote previously, you need to boot into the macOS installer, run Terminal, and delete the offending HackrNVMeFamily from your system volume.

hey good news. I am back into my MacOS, well, OS.

What I did... was I removed the 960 evo (well the entire PCIe-x4 addin card that houses the m.2 drive) and now I am in.

As i stated I had removed those two kexts, not via terminal and the installer, but through windows with the paragon HFS support. It did the exact same thing. I was worried that I had accidentally deleted a vital kext, in addition to the two NVMe kexts.

So I am going to pop the 960 back in to get the info I need from device manager in Windows and see about getting NVMe support again.

Now that I am back into MacOS, I can remove the CPU spoof that I used to fake skylake with my kabylake, correct?

hey good news. I am back into my MacOS, well, OS.

What I did... was I removed the 960 evo (well the entire PCIe-x4 addin card that houses the m.2 drive) and now I am in.

As i stated I had removed those two kexts, not via terminal and the installer, but through windows with the paragon HFS support. It did the exact same thing. I was worried that I had accidentally deleted a vital kext, in addition to the two NVMe kexts.

So I am going to pop the 960 back in to get the info I need from device manager in Windows and see about getting NVMe support again.

Now that I am back into MacOS, I can remove the CPU spoof that I used to fake skylake with my kabylake, correct?

Be careful with Paragon. It is quite common for it to corrupt the file system.
10.12.6 has native support for KabyLake.

I have heard of that warning. However, thus far all is ok. I like being able to read either partition (Win or Mac) to the other and it, thus far, is the easiest/cleanest solution. I think that they had far worse issues of data corruption in the past, but I'm sure it still pops up. I notice ".Trashes" (mac) in hidden windows files (while browsing in Windows Explorer and "Recyclebin" (Win) stuff as hidden files MacOS directories (while browsing in MacOS's finder). I think as long as I don't erase things indiscriminately and keep writing to a min between filesystems, I think I'll be Ok (at least I hope so). Win and Mac both have dedicated SSDs and my Data Hard Drive is NTFS (So I can read from it without Paragon) and that Data (WD Red 4TB) houses all the good stuff (Videos, Music, Photos, Installers, Ect) and all my personal stuff is backed up five ways from Sunday.

I have heard of that warning. However, thus far all is ok.

Yeah. It is ok... until it is not.

I like being able to read either partition (Win or Mac) to the other and it, thus far, is the easiest/cleanest solution. I think that they had far worse issues of data corruption in the past, but I'm sure it still pops up.

Make sure you have a good backup strategy and know how to utilize it for restore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back