Contribute
Register

Kernel Panic After Updating from Yosemite to Sierra (CPU Caller 0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
Graphics
780ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi!

Thanks for anyone who takes the time to read this!

I decided to update my old Yosemite partition up to Sierra finally last night - Originally set this up a while ago, so sadly dont remember too much about how it was configured, etc.

Took me some time to actually get the update to run properly (Needed NullCPUPowerManagement kext and the Disable NVIDIA flag) to get the updater to boot and display. Once everything finished, I let it reboot and tried to boot the as normal and was greeted with the following Kernel Panic: http://imgur.com/a/qWduw

It seems to me as though this error is coming from either the "ACPI - Sleep States S3 S4 S5" or the "[CPU0] Namespace Lookup Failure" errors you can see in here.

I am wondering at this stage if its worth me just starting again from scratch, but not having much luck with getting a Clover USB to boot right now.. Would be much quicker if I could get this one working!

Any and all suggestions appreciated!

PC Specs are as follows:

i5 2500K

Asus P8Z68-V LX Motherboard

8GB RAM

NVidia 780Ti

Attachments

• IMG_0416.JPG
    IMG_0416.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0417.JPG
    IMG_0417.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0418.JPG
    IMG_0418.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 109
Last edited:
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

There is no requirement to host your images / files on third party sites - You may attach them to your posts here.

There is no requirement to host your images / files on third party sites - You may attach them to your posts here.

Put the link in just for good measure! Images are also included in post.

Many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back