Contribute
Register

Kernel panic after updating Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your log shows :
Code:
2:539  0:000  Now is 23.5.2017,  17:1:52 (GMT)
2:539  0:000  Starting Clover rev 3423 on CLOVER EFI

You should upgrade Clover :
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...d-for-kext-injection-in-macos-10-12-4.218075/

That exactly is my problem. I can not boot with the new version of Clover. I can boot to the boot loader just fine, but booting into my El Capitan installation gives the kernel panic.

To extract my EFI folder I attached above, I booted via USB using an older version of Clover which can boot (but is not supported on Sierra, which is why I have to upgrade).

In your position I would first clone my hard drive then create a UniBeast Sierra installer.
Install following the Installation Guide but do not format the hard drive to preserve your apps and data.

In your position I would first clone my hard drive then create a UniBeast Sierra installer.
Install following the Installation Guide but do not format the hard drive to preserve your apps and data.

Thank you. Will be trying that tomorrow. ;-)

So, this is what I tried. Booting from USB works - I get to the Clover boot loader screen. However if I try to boot the installer, I get the following error: (see attachment)

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_3701.JPG
    IMG_3701.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 88
Booting from USB works
If booting from the USB installer works you might try replacing the /EFI folder and contents in the EFI partition of the hard drive with the one from the USB flash drive.

If booting from the USB installer works you might try replacing the /EFI folder and contents in the EFI partition of the hard drive with the one from the USB flash drive.

Sorry I am mistaken. I ment I could boot to the Clover screen just fine. This is something I couldn't when I tried to update clover at first, instead of making a USB instaler.

Booting via my new USB to either the installer or my current El Capitan installation gives the kernel panic above.

Edit: see attachment voor verbose panic

Attachments

• IMG_3702.JPG
    IMG_3702.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Sorry I am mistaken. I ment I could boot to the Clover screen just fine. This is something I couldn't when I tried to update clover at first, instead of making a USB instaler.

Booting via my new USB to either the installer or my current El Capitan installation gives the kernel panic above.

Edit: see attachment voor verbose panic

Your problem appears to be related to the Nvidia drivers, try booting with nv_disable=1.

Doubtful, show a screenshot.

See attachment for the panic while booting with nv_disable=1.

Edit: some info that might be useful: my hack does not detect my USB if I put it in one of the (USB 2.0) ports. However, if I connect the USB to my keyboard which is also a USB hub, it does.

Edit2: somehow it does now.

Attachments

• IMG_3714.JPG
    IMG_3714.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back