2.81 GHz Intel Core i7
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 650 ti 1024 MB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I recently updated my Clover version to the newest version available because I would like to update my current El Capitan installation to macOS Sierra.

I downloaded Clover from source forge, ran the update program on my current SSD and tried to boot. I get the following error: (see attachment)

I want to point out that I did not modify the installer options. I just updated using the 'standard install' method.

Hope anyone can help me. Cheers,

Thijmen.

Attachments

• IMG_3568.PNG
    IMG_3568.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 444
Hope anyone can help me.
One thing that does stand out in your image is that your FakeSMC.kext is from 2014 - Try with the latest version.

What happens if you boot in safe mode ?

Thank you for your reply.

One thing that does stand out in your image is that your FakeSMC.kext is from 2014 - Try with the latest version.

Booting with the new FakeSMC kext gives the following panic: IMG_3570.JPG

What happens if you boot in safe mode ?
Booting with the new FakeSMC kext and safe mode gives the following panic:
IMG_3572.JPG

Sorry for the images being rotated. If you click on them and go to the attachment page, it will be fine.

I just removed the old FakeSMC kext in my /kexts folder and replaced it with the newly downloaded one. Is this the right way to do so?

Disable the Serial port (SuperIO) in your BIOS settings.

I went through my whole BIOS twice, but I can not seem to find it... Asus P6T SE. It is quite an old MB.

I went through my whole BIOS twice, but I can not seem to find it... Asus P6T SE. It is quite an old MB.

Does it have TPM support ? It could be that.

Does it have TPM support ? It could be that.

Unfortunately, it does not. Quite stuck at the moment, can't seem to figure it out!

EDIT: Also I want to point out that my system worked perfectly fine on the older Clover version. Would you like me to attach my EFI folder / config.plist?

Unfortunately, it does not. Quite stuck at the moment, can't seem to figure it out!

EDIT: Also I want to point out that my system worked perfectly fine on the older Clover version. Would you like me to attach my EFI folder / config.plist?
Ignore the Serial port issue if there is no way to disable it - They have been seen to cause problems with Sierra but usually with the later chipsets.

By all means attach your /EFI folder.

Thank you.

Attached EFI folder.

EDIT: Will be trying the following:

From this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...apitan-install-problems.173991/#CategoryPanic

EDIT 2: Did not work. Same error. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18.6 MB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back