Contribute
Register

Kernel Panic After Update to 10.8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
That worked, didn't think of that. Thanks!

I'm not sure what the root cause of the issue is there, but since you were crashing in the WiFi driver, removing the device keeps the drivers from loading.

All the versions of the kexts mentioned in the backtrace are the correct versions for 10.8.5, so ... it must be something else in the system that is causing the crash (rollbacks, patches, etc.)

You might want to test and see if you're still getting power management. Test sleep, etc. Test PStates using DPCIManager (or MSRDumper.kext or AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext)

Sleep only works for me if I select Apple then sleep, it has always been like that since I built it.

Sleep only works for me if I select Apple then sleep, it has always been like that since I built it.

Check your pstates with DPCIManager though. I'm curious what that is like without AppleIntelCPU*.

I guess you're saying that "auto sleep" doesn't work? That is, your computer doesn't go to sleep automatically after a certain amount of time as set in SysPrefs? To look a at why, check the output of 'pmset -g assertions' in Terminal, and also check if you're using the darkwake=0 kernel flag.

well found a solution..

you have to delete npci=2000 and 3000.. and darkwake=0 too than it will boot

you can test it with commands "-v -F" on chamaleon... if it works.. the -F deletes all kernel's flags

btw, i have another issue with graphic card.. i have a 6450, and it doesen't boot up with stock kext.. i upload the GRAPH kext from 10.8.4 to 10.8.5 (all graph test) and now it booted good..

everytime so difficult with an hackintosh!! :''(

Hi, how do I get to delete what you told?

I'm with OS X 10.8 and with this update of the tools on Apple Store i get stuck in this black screen after the apple logo.

Already tried -x -s -v but no results.

So I saw what you sad but I didn't get how to delete this files. Is it thru the line in the chameleon thing where you put -x -v etc.?

Thks for the patience and help.

Remove your WiFi card and see if you can boot.

I'm not having a kernel panic on the apple logo, but after boot and after apple logo, comes a black screen and appear on the monitor that got into the powersafe. Like when you select sleep on the computer.

Could you give me some idea for solving this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back