Motherboard
LG R590-5600
CPU
i5-520m/HM55
Graphics
GT 335M, 1600x900
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, as the title says i'm getting kernel panic when I use the non-dsdt ALC898 from MultiBeast 5.2.1 on 10.8.3 before the update it was working normally please, what can I do now?

I removed the HDAEnabler and AppleHDA.kext from S/L/E and managed to boot into the system.

Hi, as the title says i'm getting kernel panic when I use the non-dsdt ALC898 from MultiBeast 5.2.1 on 10.8.3 before the update it was working normally please, what can I do now?
Apply the Combo Update again or reinstall. MultiBeast audio KP, not likely. Post an image of the KP.

Apply the Combo Update again or reinstall. MultiBeast audio KP, not likely. Post an image of the KP.

I'll do that right now and post the KP if it happens again.

Thanks for the reply!

Hi, I'm experiencing a similar issue with my GA-Z77x-UP5 TH F11 from a fresh install of 10.8.3. Adding the ALC898 without DSDT prevented my system from booting. In verbose the system would stop at these lines:

Sound assertion in AppleHDACodecGeneric at line 360
Sound assertion in AppleHDACodecGeneric at line 360

I deleted the kext and managed to boot, but obviously this killed all sound on my system.

Tribes - did reinstalling the the combo update solve your issue?

Toleda, have you seen anything like this before? Anything else I might be missing?

Many thanks for any replies!

I'll do that right now and post the KP if it happens again.

Thanks for the reply!

Hello, it looks like the combo update worked better for me then the update from AppStore, now I don't get the KP anymore with ALC898 audio without DSDT.

Thanks a lot for all the replies...

Hi there - i just updated my OS to 10.8.3 and on reboot i get the following KP - image attached. No idea how to get into the system and fix. Any help MUCH MUCH appreciated.

Thanks Folks. I'm hoping to avoid clean installs.....

Tks

Jamie 20130407_142225.jpg20130407_142225.jpg

Adding to that i also booted in -x to try and get into the system and got the following error at the apple screen:

Debugger called: </SourceCache/GraphicsDrivers/GraphicsDrivers-8.10.44/Common/IONDRV/Intel?IVB/AppleIntelFramebuffer?AppleIntelController.cpp:12351 Assertion Failed: (0 ==i) || ((pfbInfo->rangeStolen.physBase - pfbInfoPrev->rangeSt
>
ethernet MAC address: 00:00:00:00:00:00
ip address: 0.0.0.0

Waiting for remote debugger connection.
kdp_poll: no debugger device

Do i need to take out the Graphics card maybe to get into the system and then re-run Multibeast and repair Disk Permissions, or is this something different.

I built this machine a couple of months ago and until now it has been pretty stable. Gutted about this update messing up the system...

Any help would be amazing. Thank you...

Adding to that i also booted in -x to try and get into the system and got the following error at the apple screen:
AppleHDA has nothing to do with this problem. Something is seriously broken. Clean install. Off topic.

Debugger called: </SourceCache/GraphicsDrivers/GraphicsDrivers-8.10.44/Common/IONDRV/Intel?IVB/AppleIntelFramebuffer?AppleIntelController.cpp:12351 Assertion Failed: (0 ==i) || ((pfbInfo->rangeStolen.physBase - pfbInfoPrev->rangeSt
>
ethernet MAC address: 00:00:00:00:00:00
ip address: 0.0.0.0

Waiting for remote debugger connection.
kdp_poll: no debugger device

Do i need to take out the Graphics card maybe to get into the system and then re-run Multibeast and repair Disk Permissions, or is this something different.

I built this machine a couple of months ago and until now it has been pretty stable. Gutted about this update messing up the system...

Any help would be amazing. Thank you...

Yo must disable HD4000 in bios to can boot. I had the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back