Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
i-3770K
Graphics
onboard
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
hey there!

2 days ago i decided to finally update my (since 4y working) chimera-ML to 10.11.
i followed the unibeast guide and until after the osx installation everything went fine. it seemed like that everything except LAN was working. so i startet multibeast and installed all kexts suggested for my HW and system. since then i wasn`t able to boot into 10.11 again (see screenshot). luckily i still had my chimera-ML drive so i booted from there. so for the last 2 days i was searching dozens of forums, were modifying my config.plist and installing/deleting/moving kexts, i made my own DSDT even if it`s not needed for my board.... etc. etc. nothing helped
and now i even messed my chimera-ML installtion up. it seems that i unintentionally installed kexts on the ML drive instead of the 10.11.
so ican`t boot into any system and i don`t know how to work on my installation anymore
i tried to install chimera on an external drive and boot my ML drive from there but there is some issue withAPPLEUSBEHCI and it says: -Failed to locate SMC driver

but if someone could help me fix the kernel panic from my 10.11 install so that i can boot it: that would be the best :)

any ideas? IMG_20170625_163115.jpg

hey there!

2 days ago i decided to finally update my (since 4y working) chimera-ML to 10.11.
i followed the unibeast guide and until after the osx installation everything went fine. it seemed like that everything except LAN was working. so i startet multibeast and installed all kexts suggested for my HW and system. since then i wasn`t able to boot into 10.11 again (see screenshot). luckily i still had my chimera-ML drive so i booted from there. so for the last 2 days i was searching dozens of forums, were modifying my config.plist and installing/deleting/moving kexts, i made my own DSDT even if it`s not needed for my board.... etc. etc. nothing helped
and now i even messed my chimera-ML installtion up. it seems that i unintentionally installed kexts on the ML drive instead of the 10.11.
so ican`t boot into any system and i don`t know how to work on my installation anymore
i tried to install chimera on an external drive and boot my ML drive from there but there is some issue withAPPLEUSBEHCI and it says: -Failed to locate SMC driver

but if someone could help me fix the kernel panic from my 10.11 install so that i can boot it: that would be the best :)

any ideas?View attachment 263084

Ive never seen a Verbose Screen like that before. From where did you download OS X from? What method did you use to create and install?

it`s kind of strange: that was the first thing i did. i installed it on the EFI and in S/L/E, but for some reason that changed nothing. first i tried it with the newest official and then i tried it with the one included in the newest HWSensors package.
problem is: all this i did while i had still access through my old chimera-ML install, but as this isn`t working anymore i don`t know how to make any edits anymore, beside boot flags .
is there a way?

it`s kind of strange: that was the first thing i did. i installed it on the EFI and in S/L/E, but for some reason that changed nothing. first i tried it with the newest official and then i tried it with the one included in the newest HWSensors package.
problem is: all this i did while i had still access through my old chimera-ML install, but as this isn`t working anymore i don`t know how to make any edits anymore, beside boot flags .
is there a way?

FYI kexts in 10.11+ goes in L/E not S/L/E. Remove old kexts they're most likely in S/L/E, Use Multibeast to install latest kexts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back