NVIDIA 9800GT
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I am new here and a total noob with OS X and Hackintosh.

I recently got an Early 2008 MBP, installed Lion on it and was amazed by this OS.

I decided to install it on my desktop pc which has the following configuration:

MOBO: Intel DP965LT
Intel 82P965 MCH
Intel 82801HB I/O Controller Hub (ICH8)
CPU: Intel Core2Duo 2.13 GHz (E6400)
GPU: Nvidia 9800 GT 512Mb

I used Unibeast for Lion and installed Lion on it. Then used Unibeast where I checked EasyBeast install (no DSDT for my uncommon motherboard) and Hnak's AppleIntelE1000e Ethernet which was already working but I read I should install it to make my Intel based ethernet adapter fully working.

I set up everything, installed KxAudioDriver which also made my Creative soundcard working, kept a TimeMachine backup and then decided to update to 10.7.5.

I downloaded the combo update, installed it rebooted and got a kernel panic. It kept updating and fanting so I tried -v flag with chimera to make it stop and take a photo of it.

Restored my backup, did the update again and now I run a safe update script I found online before rebooting this time (which restores some kexts that usually give trouble) but got the same kernel panic again.

Restored my backup, downloaded the 10.7.4 update, installed it, i run another safe update script for 10.7.4 (same site again) but still the same kernel panic!

This is the kernel panic:
IMG_0715.jpg

I searched some of these numbers online but had no success.

I also tried installing Mountain Lion 10.8 but even the USB stick made with Unibeast gave a kernel panic during boot then.

If anyone has the slightest clue of what's going on, I would appreciate the help!

Can I somehow use components (patched kernels, kexts, etc) from my 10.7 installation to make it work?

Please give my some hints but be gentle with me! I can use terminal but you should tell me what to do! General hints like "restore this kext" or "install that"won't help me because I am a noob I don't know how to do it.

I will also try installing 10.7.3 update but I feel like it is a few files and terminal commands to resolve it and I feel an idiot not knowing how to fix it and spending all this time so I would appreciate it if someone could help me!

Thank you in advance!

10.7.3 worked well... I don't know what will happen if I try going to 10.7.4 or 10.7.5 from here...

If anyone could help I would really appreciate it!

Hi, I have read thru your mobo spec. For Intel DP965LT.
Your audio codec should be Sigmatel STAC9227 & LAN Controller should be 82566DC/MM gigabit.
Are you successful installed Lion on your P965 mobo?
How's the audio and ethernet? Are these drivers working perfectly?

And have you tried it on Mac OS X 10.8 ML?
Because I have a PC spec similar as yours.

May I know your success status, please share. It's appreciated.
Thanks !

Hi, how's your updated to 10.7.5 Lion for your Intel DP965LT mobo?
Is everything works fine?

Waiting for your good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back