Contribute
Register

Kernel Panic after successful installation (El Capitan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO
CPU
Intel i7 8700K
Graphics
GTX 970
Hi there!

I'm not new to Hackintoshing but I ran into a problem.. I've successfully managed to get to Installation screen, everything went smooth. But when I went to load OS from my HDD using my USB and install bootloader and stuff - I saw a Kernel Panic! Why?? All my kexts a still in Extra/Extensions folder on USB and /System/Library/Extensions on both USB and HDD. Why whouldn't it load if installation went so well?

I'm using Enoch bootloader (my laptop for some reason just doesn't like Clover), no UEFI. I've copied kernel from Essentions.pkg to Kernels/ folder.

Pls, help! Thanks!

Hi there!

I'm not new to Hackintoshing but I ran into a program.. I've successfully managed to get to Installation screen, everything went smooth. But when I went to load OS from my HDD using my USB and install bootloader and stuff - I saw a Kernel Panic! Why?? All my kexts a still in Extra/Extensions folder on USB and /System/Library/Extensions on both USB and HDD. Why whouldn't it load if installation went so well?

I'm using Enoch bootloader (my laptop for some reason just doesn't like Clover), no UEFI. I've copied kernel from Essentions.pkg to Kernels/ folder.

Pls, help! Thanks!
i'm getting de ja vu!

Hi there!

I'm not new to Hackintoshing but I ran into a problem.. I've successfully managed to get to Installation screen, everything went smooth. But when I went to load OS from my HDD using my USB and install bootloader and stuff - I saw a Kernel Panic! Why?? All my kexts a still in Extra/Extensions folder on USB and /System/Library/Extensions on both USB and HDD. Why whouldn't it load if installation went so well?

Pls, help! Thanks!

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back