Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey, I decided to use multibeast to change my system defn. to a Mac Pro 5,1 and now I get a kernel panic when I boot. If I try safe mode, I get a white screen.

If I boot normally, it says "system uptime in nanoseconds" after "System model name: MaPro5,1"

Any options besides a reinstall at this point? Can I change the system defn. from Chimera?

Thanks.

Dell Inspiron 530
ATI Radeon 6450

I would suggest that you use the thumb drive that you used for the initial install to access your osx install by booting the thumb drive, then selecting your hard drive at the boot menu.

This should allow your machine to boot because the default system definition on the usb stick will be Mac Pro 3,1, you can then run Multibeast.

I cannot boot into my Macintosh HD drive (where ML is installed) with my usb, unfortunately. I even made sure its set to 3,1 and it is. Same error. I will use windows to correct the plist in the extra folder, looking for an app right now...

Any other workarounds?

UPDATE: Used MacDrive to edit symbios.plist or whatever, changed to 3,1. Works like a charm!

how did you do this? I made the same mistake

It also is pretty simple to just boot in safe mode using Apple+x keys.

Or you can type -x at the bootloader screen when selecting the hard drive.

From there OSX will boot with a loading bar at the bottom into safe mode, just relaunch multibeast and choose the proper definitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back