Contribute
Register

Kernel Panic After Patching DSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone? :S ( jumping the topic )

SkuenD said:
Anyone? :S ( jumping the topic )
Then something is wrong with your DSDT. And the reason because DSDTSE shows you the unpatched DSDT everytime, you have to delete all files in YOURHOME/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles. After that you can load your edited dsdt.aml into DSDTSE

Ok, I've done that, and now it shows me the patched DSDT on DSDTse, but still - the patched DSDT was in /Extra anyways, and i get the kernel panics with or without it, plus I'm pretty sure it's ( the dsdt ) ok because i get no errors/warnings while compiling it.

SkuenD said:
Ok, I've done that, and now it shows me the patched DSDT on DSDTse, but still - the patched DSDT was in /Extra anyways, and i get the kernel panics with or without it, plus I'm pretty sure it's ( the dsdt ) ok because i get no errors/warnings while compiling it.
The kernel panics results in your Multibeast installation. You've select User DSDT and now you're missing some kexts which will be installed when using the Easybeast methode (results if your DSDT isn't correct patched and/or compiled). But you can just select one method, either User DSDT with a correct modified dsdt or Easybeast w/o dsdt

But why isn't my DSDT patched correctly? I've patched it by fixing all compilation errors using DSDTse and added the Method DTGP hack, anything else i should've done?

SkuenD said:
But why isn't my DSDT patched correctly? I've patched it by fixing all compilation errors using DSDTse and added the Method DTGP hack, anything else i should've done?

From my understanding after reading some of the post, extracting and solving the warnings/errors just give you a clean dsdt and not a patched one. You still need to apply the patches/hacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back