Motherboard
GA-P43T-ES3G rev 1.3
CPU
<< need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Graphics
430 GT
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
After patching the DSDT( solving all the error&warnings using DSDTse+adding method DTGP ), I've used Multibeast with UserDSDT, System Utilities, ALC8xxHDA, AppleHDA Rollback, tonymacx86 classic theme ).
After restart, When booting from HDD, I get The following error, showing in 5 languages:
"You need to restart your computer. Hold down the poewr button until it turns off, then press the power button again"

I don't know if it's related, but between the 10.6.6 Update and the usage of multibeast my computer went off ( I know i was supposed to keep it on but electricity broke :S hope it has nothing to do with it, system itself works fine ).

I can still boot via iBoot, But I want to boot via Hard Disk to achieve full-functionality.

Anybody knows how to solve this?

Thanks,
Niv

I've patched it alone using DSDTse:
solved all the errors, then the warnings, and then added the DTPG mehod.

Why-you think it might be because of the DSDT?

SkuenD said:

Easy enough to check. Move your patched DSDT from /E to desktop and reboot without iBoot. If it is the DSDT causing the KP, it should boot right up.

Going Bald said:
SkuenD said:

Easy enough to check. Move your patched DSDT from /E to desktop and reboot without iBoot. If it is the DSDT causing the KP, it should boot right up.

If what your saying is correct, than the problem is not in the DSDT - I still get the kernel panic after moving the DSDT.aml
Although, if I try to use DSDTse again, i get the previous DSDT- not the edited version. is there any chance my DSDT wasn't applied? how can i manually insall it to be certin?
BTW-
also when i connect a USB, even if used iBoot, i Get a kernel Panic-only if i boot to the mac while the usb is inserted it will read it.

SkuenD said:
If what your saying is correct, than the problem is not in the DSDT - I still get the kernel panic after moving the DSDT.aml
Then it definitely is not the DSDT causing the panic.
SkuenD said:
Although, if I try to use DSDTse again, i get the previous DSDT- not the edited version.
If you booted without a DSDT in /E, then running DSDTSE will get you an unmodified DSDT straight from your BIOS.
SkuenD said:
is there any chance my DSDT wasn't applied? how can i manually insall it to be certin?
Take your patched DSDT.aml file and manually put it in /E. Repair permissions and rebuild caches. That's all there is to it.
SkuenD said:
BTW-
also when i connect a USB, even if used iBoot, i Get a kernel Panic-only if i boot to the mac while the usb is inserted it will read it.
This one I can't answer, sorry. I just don't know enough about the socket 775 motherboards. You might try using the IOUSBFamily rollback in MultiBeast - might work, might not.

SkuenD said:
After patching the DSDT( solving all the error&warnings using DSDTse+adding method DTGP ), I've used Multibeast with UserDSDT, System Utilities, ALC8xxHDA, AppleHDA Rollback, tonymacx86 classic theme ).
After restart, When booting from HDD, I get The following error, showing in 5 languages:
"You need to restart your computer. Hold down the poewr button until it turns off, then press the power button again"

I don't know if it's related, but between the 10.6.6 Update and the usage of multibeast my computer went off ( I know i was supposed to keep it on but electricity broke :S hope it has nothing to do with it, system itself works fine ).

I can still boot via iBoot, But I want to boot via Hard Disk to achieve full-functionality.

Anybody knows how to solve this?

Thanks,
Niv
Going back to your original question, I would suggest that you run the 10.6.6 update again. There is the possibility something got corrupted or not installed properly when you lost power. So, re-run the update, launch MultiBeast and select only system utilities and hit continue to finish. When done, reboot. Hopefully, this will clear up your problem.

I Don't think that happened, since The power didn't break during the update itself, but after it. i only mentioned it because they say NOT the restart between update and multibeast usage, and I did.
I think the DSDT might be the problem- no matter if I move the DSDT.aml new file into /Extra, when i Extract it with DSDTse it still shows me the old, unpatched DSDT.

SkuenD said:
I Don't think that happened, since The power didn't break during the update itself, but after it. i only mentioned it because they say NOT the restart between update and multibeast usage, and I did.
I think the DSDT might be the problem- no matter if I move the DSDT.aml new file into /Extra, when i Extract it with DSDTse it still shows me the old, unpatched DSDT.
Did you run the system utilities in MB and reboot after moving the patched DSDT.aml to /Extra?

I Actually re-installed the whole thing. I figured if it says everywhere
Not to reset, then i probably shouls install it without reseting.
I've used a a regular Journaling partition.
Updated to 10.6.6 without restarting, and used MB ( from desktop ), used UserDSDT with my DSDT in desktop and System utilities. DSDT was finally applied, but I still get the kernel panics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back