Contribute
Register

Kernel Panic after installing Catalina OS ... Loops as soon as Apple sign appears

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reinstall a clean system and then use Migration Assistant restore from 10.14,not select "Applications" , now working fine,maybe 3part Applications Incompatible

Hello Again Hackintoshers !!!

THKSM to ALL of YOU ... Who have taken the time to read and suggest something to solve this problem !!!
OK ... I managed to take my Photo Camera and using high speed burst shooting I got a set of pictures of
the startup process !!! ... I hope this picture set is good enough to determine the problem !!!
I appreciate all your time and help !!!
Best regards,
Rafael

Well, this just confirm that you have the same panic as I have. As I have suggested, you should boot from your backup Catalina installation USB and choose to restore your functioning CCC backup to your internal HDD. Then you should be good to go. However, as I have written above, the problem is still there, since after the supplemental update, the problem occured again and I had to restore my CCC backup to be able to use SATA drives without constant rebooting and KPs. Still a mystery issue that noone can crack :/

I reinstall a clean system and then use Migration Assistant restore from 10.14,not select "Applications" , now working fine,maybe 3part Applications Incompatible

Now, when you try to update to the supplemental update (if you have the old catalina installer that is...if you downloaded the new one in the last 2-3 days, you have the supplemental update already rolled in the installer), you will see that the Catalina installation somehow gets corrupted and the same problem occurs. So I dont think its a 3rd party app problem. Maybe Im wrong.

Well, this just confirm that you have the same panic as I have. As I have suggested, you should boot from your backup Catalina installation USB and choose to restore your functioning CCC backup to your internal HDD. Then you should be good to go. However, as I have written above, the problem is still there, since after the supplemental update, the problem occured again and I had to restore my CCC backup to be able to use SATA drives without constant rebooting and KPs. Still a mystery issue that noone can crack :/
Hello again originalmagneto !!! ... For the moment, I will give up to try the Catalina Update and wait for a solution in the future for the specific problem we have !!! ... This is because i need to do some work using the computer and I can no be wasting time trying the update !!! ... I have used my CC backup to restore Mojave, which works nicely and fast !!! ... THSK for your communication !!! ... Best regards, Rafael ...

So, it happened to me again. Had a working system for a week after a new install and restore of the home folder. I even updated with the supplemental update. Now, after switching off the computer yesterday and before, updating clover, it happened again. Funny thing is, I can boot from my backup with the Clover EFI that I used before (5097).

This is still a mystery to me...

Code:
      Kernel Extensions in backtrace:
         com.apple.iokit.IOAHCIFamily(290.0.1)[B72476C4-E56D-3C82-A25D-9CE8C9B96FB8]@0xffffff7f8c1fb000->0xffffff7f8c215fff
         com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort(999.50.2)[312FA732-CA91-3180-8373-5BE2E893339F]@0xffffff7f8ca6f000->0xffffff7f8ca8afff
            dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOAHCIFamily(290.0.1)[B72476C4-E56D-3C82-A25D-9CE8C9B96FB8]@0xffffff7f8c1fb000
            dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.9)[E6E855AD-A5B2-3518-A997-1384B4360708]@0xffffff7f8c28f000

I had a problem with booting, it panic, but i could boot with the usb drive only. So i solved it copying Ketxts from EFI usb drive to the EFI from the osx catalina. And it worked. Maybe it works for you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back